This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very odd observation

So I'm not a front end supervisor, nor am I smokeshop trained, liquor trained or cash trained. I'm just your everyday run-of-the-mill checkout chick but I have a very thorough knowledge of just about anything the store needs to know.

Having said that, I've noticed two things:

1) If I'm around the front end, doesn't matter if I'm on a register or not, I get people who will ignore my manager and then ask ME where said item/location is, or where a certain person is. What's even funnier is that they'll walk past four or five registers and then ask me for the most trivial things. I really don't get why...(they'll ask me where the SM, SSM or MY manager are, or they'll ask where the service desk/smokeshop counters are.)

2) This is a funny one. The other night, I got called in because my friend and coworker had fallen sick from the flu (not swine flu) and they needed backup. Because I wasn't a supervisor, the priveliage was given to the youngest guy on that night who had been smoketrained and had sup priveliages (he's not a full supervisor, he assists from time to time). He asked me to empty the express bins after a while, so I did. Lifted the lid and instead of getting the usual trash-cany smell, I turned to my sup and said

"Hey, the trash can smells like cigarette butts and coffee grounds."

That's what it smelt like. At least I got to take it out to backdock later.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X