This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would "Kim" do this?

"Kim", the Director of Community Relations, was over Visitor Parking until this summer. Now the Parking office is.

"Kim" reserved several spots several weeks ago for an event today, & according to the event list (it is on the Outlook Calendar, & so I can see in advance what events are coming up), "the guests here for the event will purchase their own token"

So I told the guests arriving for her event "I was informed that everyone has to pay for their own parking." Apparently this upset one of her guests, & he made a phone call.

"Kim" calls me to ask if "I am telling her guests that they have to pay for their own parking." I told her that is what the event list states. She told me that information is incorrect. The particular organization having the event at the university paid for everyone's parking. So why did she not inform the parking office of this?

She calls me a couple of hours later to tell me "some of the guests here for her event were told by me (after they told me what event they were here for) that they could not park." That did not make any sense to me since I let everyone here for her event into the garage. I told "Kim" that I did not know how that happened. Apparently these guests parked somewhere else. "Kim" is pissed & so am I

What do the customers suck members think caused "Kim" to do this? I have my theories, but I am curious as to what everyone else thinks.

How should I deal with her in the future if she pulls this stunt again?

Honestly, this whole parking thing is the most disorganized crap possible. If they want spots reserved, then they should give out tokens/tickets ahead of time. No ticket? No spot. Then the "reserved" spots should open up to the general public if nobody claims them within a certain time frame. The truth is that event info changes, customers misunderstand or lie about parking/token privilages and policies change at the whim of the moment. Yet it is your fault if something doesn't go "perfectly" or if someone complains. The place needs a better system. Period.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X