This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually have to feel sorry for him

OK, I took a call that if it happened face to face I'd classify this guy as a loach. For that matter, if the call had played out a little differently I'd still classify him as a loach. The hearing user did agree to talk though and said she had no problem with talking to him, so I can't really make that classification. The guy he was trying to reach wasn't available, and he spent a good 15 minutes asking questions about this guy... it almost seemed as if he had a crush.
    That I think has to be the hardest part of this job... staying uninvolved. I know that thinking of our users as anything other than text on the screen and voices on the phone is a good way to lose mental health, but it's hard not to feel anything for the callers.

Neecy, a question, do the users ever actually think about the Relay Operator? Or is it only the Relay Operators who think about the callers?

-update-
    OK, he's now in stalker territory... he just came through my client again... called the same person 3 times, finally got the hint after they used profanities and shouting (which I was obligated to relay both those facts).
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 11-14-2009, 04:10 AM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song
Working...
X