This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Evil Mountie Poster - Explained!

So, this year we got some new posters that we are required to post in the lobby, including the lovingly-dubbed "Evil Canadian Mountie" poster because, well, just take a look, because it speaks for itself:

Evil looking, ain't he?

I seriously question the mental states of not only the graphic artist who couldn't find a better stock photo of a mountie, but also the approving manager who looked at it and decided "Yeah, that looks welcoming, put it in all the lobbies!"

A customer finally explained the poster to me today.

He came in and asked if he could take a picture of it. "Um, sure..." I replied. "But may I ask why?"

As it turns out, he's from Oklahoma, and is taking a neighbor back home into Canada. They've been staying at our motels all along the way and they've been having all sorts of fun making up a story about the cowboy and the mountie in the poster. He wanted a photo to commemorate the fun they'd been having. He was kind enough to share the story with me.

Awesome Guest: "You know how unhappy they both look? It's a lover's quarrel! Don't you see? The cowboy doesn't want to leave the ranch and the countryside; the mountie is too caught up in his career...they're in love but they just have different values..."

That was one of the most creative things a guest has ever presented me with. I was laughing so hard as he told me about the cowboy and the mountie I thought I would die! I seriously hate that poster, but now I have a reason to smile when I see it!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I'm pretty sure that mountie is a mannequin.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      I'm pretty sure that mountie is a mannequin.
      That doesn't make it better, Broom. It really doesn't.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Awesome Guest: "You know how unhappy they both look? It's a lover's quarrel! Don't you see? The cowboy doesn't want to leave the ranch and the countryside; the mountie is too caught up in his career...they're in love but they just have different values..."
        I hope you kept the info for that guest. Anyone who slashes poster icons is my kinda person.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
          That doesn't make it better, Broom. It really doesn't.
          No, but it adds a whole new dimension to that story!
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I remember that when I was in Spain there was a beer ad that said in Spanish, "Not all Americans are cowboys, neither do all Latinos dance the salsa."

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              No, but it adds a whole new dimension to that story!
              And it adds a whole new dimension to my nightmares.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X