This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercy from my boss

So while I was dreaming of gingerbread cookies last night it snowed and snowed. We got over a foot. I knew my car would be buried, so the plan was to walk the 1/4 mile to work. Not a big deal, but it's blowing hard out there and probably no fun to walk in. I was outside surveying the damage when my boss called to say I didn't have to come in (very short shift and it's dead). I see cookie baking in my near future.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Yay boss! Yay cookies!

Hint: If you want them REALLY gingery, use a microplane to grate fresh ginger - about a tablespoon. This will make the cookies a bit more moist, too, so if you want them crispy, add a bit more flour. Alternatively, you can add a bit more of the ground dried spices, that will absorb some of the liquid and give you even more of a kick. Also, if you leave it to mature for 18-24 hours in the fridge, the flavours are even stronger and more developed.

I need to make cookies this weekend.

Comment

Did some mango cookies yesterday. Went down rather well.

Rapscallion

Comment

I ate 6 big cookies yesterday. Those things are dangerous! (pepparkakor)

Comment

Made Macadamia Nut cookies yesterday. They're all already gone. Making chocolate chip cookies tonight!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

This weekend I need to bake my Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies for the Christmas concert. Yum!
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
              This weekend I need to bake my Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies for the Christmas concert. Yum!
              And where is the recipe, hmmm? You can't tell us you're making something like that and leave us hanging! Please?
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Well that sounds like pure evil right there, yummy evil. And I second the request for the receipe.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Alright, alright

1 8oz package of cream cheese
                  1 cup butter (I use margerine spread, which works fine)
                  1/3 cup brown sugar
                  1/3 cup white sugar
                  2 cups flour
                  1/2 tsp vanilla
                  Your favorite chocolate chips
                  Shredded coconut

Mix cream cheese, butter, sugars, and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add flour and mix well. Add chocolate chips and coconut as desired. Chill for several hours or over night. Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking pan and bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes.
                  Last edited by jedimaster91; 12-10-2009, 11:04 PM.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I found a recipe for 'stained glass cookies' I'll have to post it.

Hmmm....cookies.

Where I'm from, snow was almost never an excuse to stay home from work; besides in security the building needed to be watched whether there were customers or not, and I too lived within walking distance. Lucky you!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I made my world famous (or is that work famous) shortbread cookies last night. They're too good!
                      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Alright, alright
                        Well, guess what I'm making this weekend!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                        I made my world famous (or is that work famous) shortbread cookies last night. They're too good!
                        Isn't it so easy to make? I absolutely refuse to buy shortbread because of that.

Ooh, I haven't made any shortbread in a long time. Hmmm, maybe I'll do lavender shortbread....

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          Well, guess what I'm making this weekend! Isn't it so easy to make? I absolutely refuse to buy shortbread because of that. Ooh, I haven't made any shortbread in a long time. Hmmm, maybe I'll do lavender shortbread....
                          Ooooh, yummy. Lavender essential oil or dries lavender? I like it as a flavor in foods. I want to make shortbread with my favorite tea (Bigelow's Constant Comment, an orange-clove black tea).

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Ooooh, yummy. Lavender essential oil or dries lavender? I like it as a flavor in foods. I want to make shortbread with my favorite tea (Bigelow's Constant Comment, an orange-clove black tea).
                            Dried culinary lavender. Hmmm, I never thought of chucking some tea into it before. And considering how many varieties I've got sitting up in the cupboard.... Well, I've been wanting to do some hoilday baking anyway!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                              Dried culinary lavender. Hmmm, I never thought of chucking some tea into it before. And considering how many varieties I've got sitting up in the cupboard.... Well, I've been wanting to do some hoilday baking anyway!
                              The recipe on my box says to steep the teabags in milk and use it as the liquid. But I thought shortbread only had butter, flour and sugar. The proportions they give are 4 teabags, 1/4 cup milk, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 1/2 sticks butter.

Comment

Working...
                              X