Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first day of training, and they left me alone in the concession stand!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first day of training, and they left me alone in the concession stand!

I just started a new job at the movie theatre. I went through the usual, watching training videos and stuff, and I still have 3 more days of training.
    We went down to the concession stand to get some food, and I ordered a small pizza. The 2 employees and the manager decided to step outside the back door for a smoke break. As I took it out of the oven to cut it, I sensed the presence of a customer waiting. Deciding it would look bad to ignore the customer since I was new on the job, I approached her and politely said, I"m sorry, Maam, this is my first day and I am still training. Let me get someone for you real fast."
    I quickly race to the back door and yell out "Emergency! We have a customer wanting to buy some food." And they come back in to serve her, while the other new employee, supervisor, and me go back up to the training room to watch sexual harassment videos. Yay!
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 12-17-2009, 03:11 PM.

Hoo boy, I was scared there for a moment, regardling how my first night by myself at store, they let me work new years eve.

Said it was good training.

It wasn't. It was horrible, horrible experence.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

My first day in the fashions dept my co-workers gave me all the phones and went on break/lunch/home. I knew nothing about the dept...didn't even know that we were supposed to cover active wear, shoes, jewelry, mens, infants and kids. I thought it was just the womens clothing dept.

Needless to say it was a nightmare...and I still haven't woken up from it.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

My "training" consisted of 5 minutes being shown the kludged-together (none of the software in the store was intended to work on the hardware he had) register program that went arse-up if you blinked at it wrong, then thrown to the hyenas on a Friday tournament night x_x
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Meh, it could be worse, like when I worked for Jack (ass) in the box way back in the 90s. The manager was a real jerk from the very start, saying things like, "Here at our store, we pay for our uniforms. I don't care what those other places do!" Ok pal, dam! I wasn't even complaining.
          Then he left me alone on the register. When a customer came up to order some food, I naturally did not know what buttons to hit, so I asked him. He told me it was my responsibility to teach myself. I told him in a sarcastic rude tone ( i was a lot more brave and less hesitant to talk back to my managers when I was in my late teens and early 20s) "Sir, I don't have the slightest clue what to do. You are supposed to train me, that's your job. They train me everywhere else." And he very reluctantly agreed to do it, but he still didn't do much.
          No worries though, the place was dead, and our lunch rush (if you could even call it that) consisted of 5 to 10 people. Then again, with this manager and his attitude, I could see why customers had decided to take their business elsewhere. I was sent home early EVERY SINGLE DAY because we were so slow. I eventually stopped coming in. (Again this is when I was much younger, now I simply tell them that I quit)
          When I went to pick up my last paycheck, he tried to give me a guilty conscious for not telling him I quit. I shrugged my shoulders at him and told him that I was very happy I didn't have to work for a jerk like him anymore.

Comment

My first day consisted of a guy hovering over me while I checked out customers. And he left me alone quite often to jump on a register from time to time. Needless to say if I wasn't a fast learner it might have been a disaster.

Comment

While it wasn't my first day, it was my first week. I was a waitress in a very popular 24 hour chain diner. I was scheduled alone for an entire 8 hour shift, on grave, without every having worked the cash register before. Thankfully, once of my nicer coworkers stayed with me off the clock and watched over me.
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
              X