This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling off the day after the storm

Yesterday I called off work cause of the big snow storm that we got. & today I also called off cause I didn't feel safe taking a taxi to work or calling a friend who usually takes me to work on Sundays. I take the bus to work but they don't run on Sundays. The town I live in is under a snow emergency. NOTHING has been plowed yet! My town is notorious for taking their sweet time doing that.

Store mananger was pissed when I told her I couldn't come in. So when I metioned that there was a snow emergency in my town then she said she'd look into it & if it wasn't like that then I'd get an unexcused absence. Doesn't bother me what she thinks. I don't care if I get written up for calling off. My safety comes first. I'm going to tell her..."You wanna write me up? Knock yourself out then"

Nothing could be that important at someone's job that you risk your health & well being trying to go to work in a major storm.

I hadn't planned on calling off two days in a row but I did what I had to. It's a mess out there.

I'd keep the news clipping or weather report; I don't think you can get written-up for something like that!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
    X