This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then there were two

There are 4 projectionists at <the cinema> - TM, W, L & yours truly.

TM is off sick with a bad back.
    W fell down the stairs today and broke his arm, and so will be off work for several weeks.

Which leaves L and me. Which leaves us doing alternate days.

On top of this, both W and I work as projectionists at <local theatre that also shows films>. Which leave me doing that as well.

While I wanted extra hours, this is ridiculous.

All this in a week while I am waiting for workmen to come back and finish my bathroom. ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    TM is off sick with a bad back.
    W fell down the stairs today and broke his arm, and so will be off work for several weeks.

!
    Didn't you also hurt your arm not so long ago?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

ouch, best of luck keeping sane with all that, but I'm sure the paycheck at the end will also be a very nice little bonus
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
        Didn't you also hurt your arm not so long ago?
        I did indeed break my wrist.

Fortunately there were three healthy projectionists then, which meant thay could maintain normal working hours, with just a bit of overtime each.

Looks like it will be around 50 hours this week and approaching 60 next week. L and I plotted our working days for the next month. We are hoping <the cinema> can get in a projectionist from another cinema in the chain to help out a little.
        Last edited by cinema guy; 09-28-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

HeyMoney!
          ... right? >_>
          hopefully you won't get gouged with taxes as a result-- if it even works like that in the UK?
          Just think of all the goodies you can get yourself to make up for the "pain"-- vices or no. Start planning for it, when the hours are getting to you. Not much, but maybe it can help you from going berko.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Yep, money!

I am tired. Yesterday was my first day off in a week. I have to go leave for my 14 hour shift in a few minutes.

Comment

W is bored at home, so he is coming back to work in about a week.

He will still be in plaster, won't be able to do everything, but will at least take off some of the pressure of long hours.

Personally, I think he is crazy to come back to work so early, but I am somewhat relieved.

Comment

Working...
              X