This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They come in spurts

Does anyone else experience this? It seems like I won't have any SCs for a couple weeks, and then 4 in one day. Maybe it's just me, though; maybe it's a bad day or something. But I've experienced the 3 or 4 in one day thing even when I am feeling well.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'm not implying anything.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Easy there Freleigh, get your mind out of the gutter....
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You will also notice that during a full moon..things tend to get worse. No clue why, but it does. All the crazies seem to come out then.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I have a little something I like to call "Wacky Wednesdays". For some reason I seem to get the most crazy/suckage/both on Wednesdays...so I guess I have a lot to look forward to tomorrow Then again, sometimes I get fooled and Wed. is fine, but another day is hell. At least I get some variety...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

How did I know Dalesys & IPF would be first responders to that title?

Anyway, Food Lady, I suspect it's a little of both. Sometimes SC's come in groups. Sometimes our demeanor (from having a bad day) can tip someone into sucking OR having a bad day makes things that we would normally take in stride seem more sucky. But it definitely happens, so not just you.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              You're sidekick?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Because you knew I was at work?

In general, I usually had one baffling or sucky customer a week in retail. We weren't that busy. In the Info department (which I love with the passion of a thousand fiery suns) we tend to get a few whackadoodles besotted with the latest fancies in bizarre eating habits that will cure everything under the sun (best you'll get is amending the odds in your favour a touch). However, these are more fads than anything else.

Seems fairly even in my experience with the occasional lump due to short-term crazes.

Rapscallion

Comment

I call it feast or famine. It's just how it is.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  You will also notice that during a full moon..things tend to get worse.
                  Expectations.

People expect worse, and so that's what they get.

It's like how kids get hyper due to having sugar. They don't get hyper because there's sugar, but because their parents expect them to get hyper. Although sometimes they don't get hyper at all, and the parents just think they do because that's what they expect, so that's what they see.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

"You will also notice that during a full moon..things tend to get worse."

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Expectations.
                    Too true. Quite a few studies have tried to correlate phase and behavior and come up scanty at best. Hospital records, police reports, etc. just don't show causality.

Comment

Working...
                    X