Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think customers are more moody this season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think customers are more moody this season?

In our [big box store] we always have customers in a good spirit during Thanksgiving and Christmas... and some who are not.

It may be a little early in the season, but it seems like we have more "moody" customers than before... and they are also creating problems for no reason at all.

Do you think its our economy?... what are your thoughts on this?

Custo-moos don't need a specific reason to be moody. It could be sunny, bright & warm & they'd complain it was "too nice" outside...lol.

Comment

Short answer....YES! I just made a comment about this the other night at work. And because of their moodiness, I think several of my co workers are also more moody. Makes me wish I had saved all my vacation time and taken off the next 3 weeks.

Comment

I remember many years ago I would help make fruit baskets in our produce section. One variety of fruit basket was called "Holiday Hospitality". I would jokingly refer to it as "Holiday Hostility".

Comment

Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
          Makes me wish I had saved all my vacation time and taken off the next 3 weeks.
          Most businesses -- especially those involved in any way with Retail -- actually will not even allow people to take vacation time during the Black Friday~XMAS season.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Amazingly enough, our company will. I was amazed when I called about my unused time. I couldn't take the time off because we were short staffed and for some people vacations were denied. I asked if because of that if I could just get it paid out and they told me I could take it up until Christmas Eve.

Comment

I honestly think everyone is getting more short tempered and irritable earlier; maybe because the holidays keep getting pushed on them faster.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I see so many irritable people all year that I don't notice a difference.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A lot of people really loathe the holidays, too, for various reasons. It's not a happy time for some people and it's shoved in their faces everywhere.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    A lot of people really loathe the holidays, too, for various reasons. It's not a happy time for some people and it's shoved in their faces everywhere.
                    So true. I read somewhere where one store advertised they won't be selling any Christmas stuff till after Thanksgiving. I wish more stores did that. In fact I think I read it on this site.

Comment

Honestly? I think more and more people are frustrated and scared - over the economy, their jobs, life stressors. So they are trying to assert control over what advertising has told them they are entitled to - awesome customer service and retail workers bending over backwards to keep them happy over their 4.99 discount CD.

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
                        ...happy over their 4.99 discount CD.
                        And they're already dreading Lil Gangsta's response to:
                        "KSML Presents the Best
                        in the style
                        Of The Krappenmouse Kings"
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yes, they are more moody, and more entitled. The economy and the lack of employment opportunities isn't helping anything, either.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                          X