This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lottey funnies

so with the powerball climbing the store decided to do one of those "everybody kick in a ticket and we split it if we win deals" I decided to go ahead and participate, as well as buy a ticket for myself.

The gal behind the counter and I have a history of Banter. So when I buy my ticket and drink she goes...

her: dont you want to join in the lottery pool?
    me: I was planning on it.
    er: then why are you buying a ticket for yourself?
    me: why would I want to share with you? you're a B*tch?
    her: (laughs) but were best friends. seriously though, what would you do if you won all that money?
    Me: Whatever the F*ck I want.
    her: (laghing quite hard) that is the best answer....
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Me: Whatever the F*ck I want.
    I love that answer, and it'd be the same for me.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

As embarrassing as this sounds, other than building a nice retro video game and baseball card collection (I'd LOVE to be able to do 50s/60s sets), I wouldn't know what to do with the rest of my lotto winnings if we ever did get that lucky...

Comment

Me, I'd buy a nice house, upgrade the cars, put some away for my son's schooling, give a fair bit to charity and live off the rest for the rest of our lives.

Oh, and lots of trips to places I've never been to but wanted to go.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Two words: financial advisor. On the double. If I won, I'd refuse to become one of the statistics that almost everyone who won the lottery loses it in five years or less.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

My plan involves acreage a moat and a lot of practice at saying "NO".
            Meeeeoooow.....
            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

I splurged a whole two bucks. got my plans made. 1st financial advisor. because I want it to last beyond the 20 they dole it out thru. a house. books. a car. books. regular visits to the grands. books. a one time trip to see the places I want to see (ireland, greece, australia). books. a dog. books, charities already planned. oh yeah, did I mention books.

Comment

I'd probably split it with my family, my boyfriends family and then put the rest aside for my boyfriend and I. I'd pay off my uni debts and do the usual house, car, save the rest.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Nearly 3 years ago now, I came VERY close to winning the lottery in New Zealand, I was LITERALLY one number off.

I remember when I was checking my ticket I had the first 5 numbers, I got to the 6th number which was 39 on my ticket... the number that had come out of the machine was 40.

As a result, that ONE number difference cost me a million dollars. I still got just under $600 for my troubles, but it stung to know I had come so close, yet so far...
                  Violets are blue,
                  Roses are red,
                  I bequeath to thee...
                  A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Hahaha, I would most certainly do whatever I wanted if I won too!
                    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

What would I do with it, aside from "whatever the fuck I want"...

Financial advisor is good. BUT I already have a wildly conservative but still genius idea. Let's say I won fifty million, which is on the small side for Powerball. One percent of fifty million is five hundred thousand. One percent is also a nice interest rate on some kinds of savings account. So I'd put it all in savings and live on half a million dollars a year in interest.

Comment

The guy who one the big jackpot out in VA I think it was alreayd owes money. $29,000 in child support, actually. Good thing he'll be collecting over $150 million. As for me, I'd make sure my brother, sister, dad, nieces and nephews were set for life, give a fair bit to charity, and then just...live on it, I guess. All of that after hiring a financial advisor, of course.
                        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

First thing I'd do is quit my crappy service job... "why aren't you working right now" is a very easy question to answer in an interview when you can say "I honestly don't have to work, but I want to work, but I want it to be doing something that I actually want to do, not just what I have to do to survive."
                          I probably wouldn't move, I might replace my partner's car (it's still a very good car, has 90k miles on it though, so while it has many many miles left on it, it wouldn't be overly premature to replace it), I'd definitely do investments, and honestly beyond that, I haven't thought of it... because I know my odds.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

On my old shift, nearly everyone used to pitch in in the hopes they'd all win the big money.

And damned be your soul if you didn't add yours in and "at least try!"

Sorry, I'll have my 16 year old body back and be proposed to before I win even a million dollars. So no. Those two dollars are better off, for me, spent on stuff that I know I can have and can have now. Like snacks at break or a smoothie before/after work, a new lipgloss or fun eyeshadow to play with.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but I always thought those women were so annoying, disrupting the work areas to go around and collect money and check off names (and lecturing those who don't play), yet I was always the one getting questioned as to why I went to get a drink or go to the bathroom so much.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                            X