Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't you just take my blood and figure out the rest later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't you just take my blood and figure out the rest later?

I'm going in for what is expected to be just an average annual checkup. My doctor (who, I think, considers me her very own Geriatric Project), wants me to get bloodwork done. (Okay, I'm also Type 2 diabetic so ...)

She's on the other side of the city from me, so rather than drive over there and pick up the requisition slips and then drive back, I told her to fax them to the bloodwork lab near where I live.

Yesterday I went in to get the deed done ... only to find that something had screwed up and the bottom 2/3 of the requisition slip was missing. The top 1/3 had gone through the fax okay, but the info on what tests she wanted run was MIA.

Went back today and it had been faxed through properly.

Had a coffee and a bagel and now I'm going back to bed.

They need to know how much to draw.

I get nervous when they grab 4-5 vials.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      They need to know how much to draw.

I get nervous when they grab 4-5 vials.
      I'll have to check my dipstick before you can take another one!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I wish they only needed 4-5 vials when I went in, but that's the thing with transplants, they do like to make sure everything keeps working the way it's supposed to!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
        X