This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was slightly horrifying

For exercise, I like to take a walk around a nearby park.

Tonight, while getting my walking in, I encountered two women standing and chatting, along with their dogs, one of them a young yellow lab happily chomping on an empty plastic milk jug.

One of them called to me as I passed. "Hey! Doesn't the clearance swamp have their Christmas stuff out already?"

I paused and told her no, in fact it hasn't started to come in yet. "Well then, what do they have out right now? What's coming in on all those trucks?"

Her companion offered that we were currently selling school supplies, and that the Christmas stuff would probably be put out in late September.

Mind you, neither of these women were co-workers of mine, past or present. Just people who shop at the clearance swamp frequently enough that they recognized me out of uniform.

And they apparently can't wait to get their Christmas decoration shopping on with.

This is seriously scary.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

you should have replied 'I don't know. I haven't spoken to my cousin recently.'

Comment

Aggh.

It's people like those who are the reason for holiday season creep.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
        Aggh.

I love Christmas. Also Halloween. But I don't love holiday season creep.

Comment

I don't mind Halloween creeping in a little early....but I'm seriously allergic to Christmas season creep. To the point where I don't want to think about Christmas until about, oh, Dec. 20 or so...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

you can never escape them. i've taken to ballcaps and hoodies if i have to go out alone incase they recognize me. *whimper*

and oh god the holiday creep. i don't mind it too much, but please at least wait for one holiday to actually be over before putting up the next!!! (i'm looking at you, mall dollarstore and your x-mas in september)
            Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

well it's a bit like the local craft store here. if i wait until october for halloween decorations... then i'll be too late.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post

Tell me about it. I'm almost expecting to see signs going up on 12/26 that say "Only 364 shopping days 'til Christmas!"
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Started delivering costume catalogs (which are a bit late) and started delivering craft Christmas catalogs. I'm surprised I haven't seen the lakeside collection fall catalog yet.

Comment

The DG here has all three Holidays out Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween between three aisles
                    Lay your hands upon me
                    Like an angel from above
                    Put your arms around me,
                    'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                      Tell me about it. I'm almost expecting to see signs going up on 12/26 that say "Only 364 shopping days 'til Christmas!"
                      Depends on the year
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The only place I really understand holiday creep is in craft stores - to give you enough time to make your crafts. Otherwise, well, why does Macy's have Xmas trees up the day after Labor Day? What happened to Halloween? Thanksgiving? (Or the other way 'round if in Canada?) And Christmas carols in October? Really?
                        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          Just wait until the year after next - on Boxing Day, they'll put up signs "Only 365 shopping days 'til Christmas!"
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            I'd hang one out in my store, but since we're a grocery store it might stick out like a sore thumb.

Maybe instead I'll make one to hang up in the back near my desk to see how many of the vendors notice it.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I was horrified when I first encountered this, so much that I couldn't post it then, but I am prepared to post now. My local supermarket had fruit mince pies, specially marked "Christmas", for sale from 2nd of July. At first I thought they were for "Christmas in July", but they are still for sale, with some other merchandise starting to appear.

I'll just leave that here for everyone to absorb.

Comment

Working...
                              X