X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service-we don't need to give no stinking service

WTF stores
    I did my one day of shopping. It's going to be a 2nd day.
    So go into the stinky stuff shop in the mall.
    Body and bath or what ever. I am the only male customer, circle the store for 5 min. Get in the way of the 5 people working there. Trying to figure out what to get the wife. I don't even know what scent and feeling so out of place.
    I even said hi and started to ask something and 2 of them walked away to talk to each other or friends.
    So I had to go sucky I looked at 2 more workers and said out load fuck it I'll go somewhere I can get helped.

I hit up a small shop were as soon as I walked in someone said hi and how can I help.
    I think a way overpaid for some lotion (something name brand) But hey.

Sears, again wander the empty isles looking for a cordless vac.
    Find someone I say hi, I'm loo...he walked away.
    I just went home at that point.
    Stores wonder why internet shopping is kicking their ass.
    If it wasn't for cigar I had in the truck sitting through the traffic to go there I would of been really pissed.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

My birthday is 12/14. I always take the day off. My deadline for finishing my Christmas shopping and such is 12/13 because if I don't get everything done before my "me day", I have to do it then.

Its a good kick in the ass to be sure that I'm not wandering around in stores hoping to find something at the last minute.

I'm sure that your wife will love the lotion as long as long as you didn't mix some Hoppes in. (The year that my sweetie mixed some into rose oil as a thoughtful gift of perfume didn't work nearly as well as he had hoped.)

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      Stores wonder why internet shopping is kicking their ass.
      Not really; if anything they are encouraging it. Many chains, such as the clearance swamp, now offer the ability to order an item online and pick it up at a nearby store. Or online orders will actually be fulfilled by a store and not a DC or fulfillment center. This sometimes leads to remodeling and reduction of salesfloor space to create more storage space.

It's expensive to maintain a store to a showroom standard and have people to assist customers and run cash registers. A warehouse is probably much cheaper. And people are doing more shopping online, not necessarily because stores suck so bad, but because there is now more convenience and delivery times are being reduced, or eliminated entirely.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post

I'm sure that your wife will love the lotion as long as long as you didn't mix some Hoppes in. (The year that my sweetie mixed some into rose oil as a thoughtful gift of perfume didn't work nearly as well as he had hoped.)

Hoppes copper solvent makes a great aftershave.
        If this forum used rep point system I'd +rep you that funny right there.

What do I know about it other than it's a $30 tube of nice smelling goo.
        Being moneys kind of tight this year I was hoping to only give more then 1 tube to her.
        Maybe a Jelly of the month club?
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post

Maybe a Jelly of the month club?
          Certainly.Here's December's....
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Very clever ^_^

This joke was brought to you by the letter K, the number 42, and one of everyone's favorite differences in terminology between British English and American English

In the UK -- "Jelly" = gelatin/Jell-O

In the US -- "Jelly" = jam with all of the seeds and other solids strained out (and, I think, extra sugar added)
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm quite sure that she will love her nice smelling goo. When we know that the gift was given with love, it always makes it special. Especially when the woman involved knows that her loved one is a ham-handed idiot.

Its been 30 years and I can still clearly remember opening the pretty bottle of perfume, exclaiming about how pretty it was and how much I loved that he had bought me some handmade rose oil. I dabbed some on my wrist and sniffed. Grabbed the bottle to read the ingredients. Asked him if the label was a misprint because it said that it had Hoppes in it. He looked all proud and happy and told me "Yes! 2 of my favorite scents on my favorite person."

I still have the bottle, I actually used the perfume and am here to say that if you want all sorts of strange men sniffing you happily and wanting to talk guns, this is the perfume to use.

Comment

A word of advice to any firearms enthusiast who decides to try brewing their own beer. Beer is made with Hops, not Hoppe's.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

^ lol you guys are killing me.
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    I'm quite sure that she will love her nice smelling goo. When we know that the gift was given with love, it always makes it special.
                    That's what I tell the girl.... it never works
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

In the end it was all good. I got a car part. Not even a fun one. At least my sister get the hints I give everyone for me. Think of that gov agency that deals with most on my life -BATFE
                      I'd be happy with anything from that list.
                      AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                      X