This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was rude

I really try to be patient with phone/email customer service people because I know they have to follow a script or at least a certain phrasing, but I was not so polite over the weekend.

I have a fitbit Blaze. and over all I adore it, but the syncing issues have become a pain in the ass, and then it stopped tracking my sleep. After a few days it still wasn't working. I went to the help forum, did all the trouble shooting things to no avail. Since I don't sleep well, it's important to me to be able to see my sleep patterns, even though I'm sure they are not super accurate, it at least gives me an idea of what is going on. So I emailed them, explained everything that I tried in detail, and how many times I tried it and asked for assistance.

They email me back and ask me if I tried *all the things I had already listed* and then told me that I could manually enter what time I went to sleep and what time I woke up. And this is when I let my fingers get the best of me.

I reiterated that as I had said previously, I had already done all of their trouble shooting stuff at least twice, and that if I wanted to log what time I went to sleep and what time I woke up I could invest in 3 dollars worth of pencils and paper instead of spending 200 dollars on something that was supposed to do it for me in greater detail. And then hit send.

I know it's not horrible awful. I didn't curse at them or threaten them, but I know this is their standard script for stuff like this and it's not their fault when they don't have a lot of leeway.

End result, I apologized for being short and they are sending me a new one.

You were not rude. And how are you to "manually enter what time I went to sleep and what time I woke up"? I frequently have periods of "before sleep" and sometimes "after sleep" where I don't realize I'm no longer deep sleeping, but was in a weird dream land that seemed like reality but actually wasn't. It can sometime take a while to figure out what is real. How do you record this?

Comment

Working...
    X