X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched a kid get arrested the other day

And he fully deserved it.

I was driving to work after voting and I was oging though a school zone.

Luckily, the light wasn't working so there were a few police officers directing traffic.

A small group of kids, high scholl age, are walking up to the intersection. I can tell they're trouble by the way they're walking, dressed, etc. They're walking on the street that goes east-west, the same road I'm driving on.

The officer starts to let traffic going north-south go but one of the kids decides he's just going to ignore her and try and cross (crossing against the traffic). She stops traffic and walks over to him telling him to step back. He kept on walking.

She again tells him to step back as she walks in front of him. He continues to ignore her.

She tells him a third time to go back, now standing directly in his way, he not only ignores her but pushes her out of the way.

Bad move - you don't push a police officer.

Within 5 seconds not only was his bag on the ground his face was planted on the hood of her police car and he was cuffed. Another cruiser stopped by and picked him up. He did give a good struggle for the 2 secons that he was able to, though.

The sad part is that I'm sure this is a badge of honor to his friends and he won't get anything being high school age other than a slap on the wrist.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Hmm, not knowing US law and sentencing requirements but assaulting an officer is generally frowned upon, and judging from the kids attitude and lack of listening skill to the officer it's probably not the first time he's worn bracelets.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

With that attitude, he'll probably get lippy with the judge which will only make things worse for him. And if after he's an adult, if he gets arrested for the same stuff, they will be harder on him for it because he's been arrested for it before (even though it was as a juvinile)
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Am I the only one who taught my children to never argue with the nice officer who has a gun and a tazer?
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Probably a gang banger wanna-be. Bet he goes to juvvie and meets some REAL criminals..

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            Am I the only one who taught my children to never argue with the nice officer who has a gun and a tazer?
            Nope, not at all... well maybe... I was actually taught that the police are our friends and that we need to do what they say because their job is to keep us safe.

It makes me a sad Dude every time I hear about an officer letting down their end of the bargain, but a happy Dude when I hear stories like this.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I think the best part is that the officer was a petite and blonde female.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Now that's entertainment. I once saw a state police officer at the state fair take down an unruly college-age man. Not sure what started the whole thing, but the officer gave multiple chances and told the guy to shut up and walk away. The guy didn't, and was tackled for the trouble. Anyone wanna guess how long his buddies stuck around?
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  Now that's entertainment. I once saw a state police officer at the state fair take down an unruly college-age man. Not sure what started the whole thing, but the officer gave multiple chances and told the guy to shut up and walk away. The guy didn't, and was tackled for the trouble. Anyone wanna guess how long his buddies stuck around?
                  My guess is they hauled ass faster than you can say "ludicrous speed."

Of course, I raised myself to actually think police officers were pretty cool. I didn't realize I was wrong.
                  Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 11-04-2008, 12:24 AM.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That's technically battery on a police officer (the act is battery, the threat is assault), which is a felony.

Under state statute, I'm technically a correctional officer because I work at a DJJ (department of juvenile justice) facility, and I'm 'Direct care". One of my kids sucker-socked me on Saturday night while I was restraining a kid, and he's getting charged with a felony. They don't take felonies lightly.
                    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      I think the best part is that the officer was a petite and blonde female.
                      I bet he thought he could intimidate the girl cop. Wish I could've seen his face after she bested him!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                        One of my kids sucker-socked me on Saturday night while I was restraining a kid, and he's getting charged with a felony. They don't take felonies lightly.
                        Hope you're okay.

You and Kara would make a great team.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow, he definitely deserved that. Also, when you said "oging through a school zone" I thought you said "ogling" and I was like who was he ogling at a school zone?
                          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Never mind respect for the Police (which is a good thing, but let's set it aside right now), and never mind she was a petite wee blonde - do not get into a shoving match with people who are professionally trained on the most efficient and effective ways to subdue an opponent in hand to hand combat - especially with emphasis on said opponent not exactly following any 'combat rules'.

It's just a losing idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X