Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old lady on bus wins! (short but sweet)

Okay, I was on the bus the other day. It was one of the days I hate, where it's standing room only and I have to stand and hold onto a bar for 40 minutes. Blah. A woman got on the bus and walked past me into the back. I didn't notice but there was a guy back there with his bag on the seat next to him-on a full bus, it's a major pet peeve for me! This conversation ensued.

OL: awesome old lady
    IL: inconsiderate loser

OL: Excuse me, could you move your bag? I'd like to sit down.
    IL: Are you kidding me, lady?
    OL: No, I want to sit down.
    IL: There's no goddamn rule about it, lady.
    OL: You can swear all you want as long as you move the bag.
    *guy makes big production of moving the bag and stepping into the aisle so she can move past him and sit by the window, which she does. after this there is some kind of thing where he semi blocks her way so she has to squeeze through, but she did so without comment*
    IL: *sits down* Shouldn't have let you out, lady.
    OL: ME!? *laughs*

Unfortunately for my entertainment, after that they were both silent for the next few stops until the guy got off. Still, I loved how the lady made him move the bag, and people around me were grinning through the whole thing. By the way, this was just a reusable cloth grocery bag, not a big duffel bag or anything. My backpack is about 3x the size of it and I don't have a problem carrying it on my lap. What a jerk.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Hah! On the buses here the IS a rule about it and the bus driver WILL make you move your bag, even if there are only 3 people on the bus.

Comment

plus if he's really rude to her the driver can kick him off

Comment

Oh, I hate that too! Or when people stand in front of the doors for the whole ride when there are plenty of seats! Or when there's no room but somebody is standing in front of an empty seat instead of just sitting down! Gah!

Comment

Yeah, there probably is a rule about it here. Maybe the bus driver would have gotten involved if he hadn't moved his bag in the end. Either that or I could see the guy and his bag flying through a window into oncoming traffic.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

If I had been there I'd have been tempted to ask him for his mom's name and phone number.

Then again, asshole like that was probably hatched or raised in a barn. Or his mom is as big an asshole as him.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

From what I can remember, the elderly and/or handicapped get first pick of the seats towards the front. At least, that's how it is in Northern California.

Comment

Old Lady Power!!!!! Fantastic.........There was an old lady that had been robbed in a UK town recently (not an unusual thing these days), but the bitch that robbed her didn't realise she was an ex olympic runner and the Old Lady ran after the bitch (totally unfit after a few years of booze, fags, drugs etc) and she caught her and got her handbag back
                Well done OL...
                In a perfect world the customer would always be right but this world is not perfect and the customer is always f***** mental!!!!

Comment

Just ask a simple question, "Did you pay for the bag's seat?"
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    If I had been there I'd have been tempted to ask him for his mom's name and phone number.
                    That's good. They never like the mention of their mothers. It reminds me of a classic line used by a wonderful lady I knew.

"Your mother spent eighteen years raising you. [beat] And I feel sorry for her!"
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X