This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay taco bell quit it

What is it about taco bell? They have some of the suckiest customer commericals.The newest one is this guy that goes around to store after store and steals pennies from the take one trays.I think what pisses me off more then anything is when he tells the one guy I donated pennies yesterday.Then he goes into taco bell and proceeds to count out .88 pennies.And of course he is one penny short and he takes one from the taco bell tray.I hate him probadly because I had a girl that used to come in and would try to empty all the pennies into her purse.I put a stop to that VERY quickly.

...i mailed out a bill payment and left a nickel and a penny in the take a penny leave a penny thingy...granted change is useful, but leave it for the people who need it and karma will pay you back...

Comment

That commercial annoys me, too! I know it's supposed to illustrate how inexpensive the food is or whatever, but you have to feel sorry for the employee in the commercial. Don't pay in pennies, Taco Bell-loving guy. Just don't. It's annoying. (And apparently he does this every day? )
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I was wondering what kind of hate that commercial would bring to the board. I keep seeing it and I wanna bitch-slap(or shake vigorously) the ad agency and execs that think this is cute. As if the spanish speaking chihuahua wasn't bad enough.
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

my grammy had a french-canadian pommeranian that she loved to speak french to...it seemed to understand her better when she did...

Comment

Don't forget the "79-89-99-aye-yai-yai!" commercials which show a group of twentysomethings dancing around in the parking lot, jumping up on car hoods, and thrusting their tacos into the air like spoils of war.

Comment

I liked the Chihuahua.

This commercial rubs me the wrong way though. The penny trays are there for people who need them. Not for people looking for a free ride.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                I liked the Chihuahua.

This commercial rubs me the wrong way though. The penny trays are there for people who need them. Not for people looking for a free ride.

And since when did kids lemonade stand has one of those "Leave on, take one"? this commercial also irritates the hell out of me
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

And when you get down to it...How much is this guy really saving anyway? I gotta believe he is tooling around down in his BMW Crossover (forget what it's called), so he's gotta be using gas. Everytime I see a penny thing, at most it will have a dime. Most are empty or have 1 or 2 cents. So he'd have to pretty much go all over town to get 89 cents. Which would mean he'd probably burn at least a gallon of gas....At almost $3/gallon.....Heh

Comment

Lets not forget the one from a few months ago where the guy steals back his tip from the coffee barista guy, just to take it to taco bell and buy cheap food.

Looks like they've followed up with another winner.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Is there a thread for Advertising Hall of Shame for ads that promote SC and EW behavior?

I would start one, but I do not have anything to add. Not watching much TV lately (remodeling project).
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

The first time I saw that commercial -- I was hoping they'd get it pulled from the air.

I mean really they're saying for people to steal* and lie so you can pay in pennies (but tax isn't included).

*the pennies are, after all, meant to be used at that place, not taken.

Comment

We are risk much by doing this. Many of us may die, but it is worth it! Tonight we fight....FOR TACOS!!
                          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
                            We are risk much by doing this. Many of us may die, but it is worth it! Tonight we fight....FOR TACOS!!
                            Tonight we dine... in BELL!

...it had to be done.
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                              Tonight we dine... in BELL!
                              This....Is.....FOURTH MEAL!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X