Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh huh you "accidently" charged me a protection plan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh huh you "accidently" charged me a protection plan.

I was at my favorite game store (though I wonder how much longer it'll be my favorite) to buy a DS game.

The cashier was the same guy from a previous story so I knew he might try something slimy. He asked if I wanted to buy an extended warranty for the game and I politely declined.

I got rang up at $34 and some change. This didn't seem right. I buy games often enough to know it's usually $32 and some change. I looked down at my receipt and saw that the bast total for the game was $31.99. I asked the clerk why this was when he had just told me it was $29.99. He told me he accidentally charged the payment plan. I told him again I did not want it, so he adjusted it off.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Why must you assume the worst about him? Maybe he's just a complete moron and not a slime. lol!!!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I assume the worst because of the the last time I interacted with this guy which I shared on this site.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

At my store, when you offer the customer an Extended Protection Plan, you hit one of two buttons on the register when the customer makes their decision. Either "sold" if they bought they plan, or "clear" if they did not.

I don't know how closely these buttons are located to each other.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

These tales of protection plans and extended warranties remind of my experience with them.

Some 15 years ago I bought a Daewoo TV from Incredible Universe. I got it for a rather nice price, let's say $250. I was offered an extended warranty but turned it down.

A few days later a coworker bought the same TV but also got the extended warranty for "free." What the salesman did in order to sell the warranty was discount the TV $80, which was the price of the warranty, resulting in a receipt that had the TV for $170 and the warranty for $80, a total of $250, the same as I paid without the warranty.

Well, I got a copy of his receipt and took it with my receipt back to the store. Since I had evidence of them selling the TV for $170, they refunded the $80 back to me. I was not surprised when they went out of business shortly thereafter.

By the way, the Daewoo TV is still going strong.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

that's pretty sneaky! Although when I bought my car, the same thing happened, but the salesman was upfront about it, and the price with the warranty was still very good. And i knew he would NOT sell it to me for the price, less the warranty...so i got a good deall, and knock on wood, never had to use the warranty. Now that its done, however, a whole different story! Something will go, i know it.

Comment

yeah but if he refused to sell it without the warranty it sounds illegal

when i got my car (used) they offered a warranty but i turned it down. the typical lifespan of the car is far longer than the warranty

Comment

Working...
              X