This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good One, Insurance Company...

The insurance company that I use for my renter's insurance really found a good way to prevent people from floating checks.......and a really good way to make me almost shit myself in fear that my check got lost in the mail!

Like a good little customer, I mailed my check to the insurance agency on the 30th of May, knowing it would get there the next day (I could have gone there in person, but it's right in the middle of one of the downtown areas where a bridge is being taken out and lots of road construction and detours, I'd rather avoid that).

Two weeks went by. The money still wasn't deducted from my account. I was really starting to freak that my check had gotten lost in the mail.

I re-read the reminder letter that they sent me in early May, where it says "The funds may be deducted as early as the next business day if payment is sent by mail" (or however they worded it so fancy).

So I called them up. Turns out, they only go to cash all of their checks in on the 15th of the month.

Yeah, deducted as early as the next business day, my round fat ass.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas87 View Post
    So I called them up. Turns out, they only go to cash all of their checks in on the 15th of the month.

Yeah, deducted as early as the next business day, my round fat ass.
    Hey, they only said "as early as." They didn't say that they wouldn't be deducted later. And if you mail it in on the 14th, then it would be deducted the next day.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X