This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder the USA is so obese

I'm telling you, we are the most unhealthy country in the world now. A week or so back, I stopped at Bud's Chicken for a rare treat for the family.....a box of fried chicken and side items. When I got there, there were people in line who were three times wider than me, ordering the family box.....for themselves only! We're talking a box that can feed a family of five, and these people ahead of me were ordering it to eat in the restaurant by themselves. One couple got two boxes, one for each of them. Each box alone has at least 12 pieces of chicken in them! I get full normally by eating two.

Last night, I stopped at Burger King, and it amazes me how much the Whopper has changed, let alone other burgers. They now serve triple Whoppers, which are Whoppers with everything and three pieces of meat. Who can eat something like that? Not just that, though, they now serve a quadruple bacon cheeseburger. Too bad the sign doesn't say "We are not responsible for heart attacks or strokes caused by consuming this unhealthy burger".

And the last item of interest in this would be the time my parents, brother, and myself went to Outback and ordered one Bloomin' Onion for the four of us to share. Two people at the table next to us ordered two, one for each of them to consume! I mean, I was nearly full by just eating a few pieces of this thing, and it amazes me how one person could consume something like that.

The average stomach is the size of a football, unless you get the stomach stapling procedure done. In any case, I cannot see how people can consume and hold this much food in their system. Maybe this is the reason restaurants run out of toilet paper in their bathrooms so quickly?!

over time eating a certain amount can expand the stomach and said person will eat a little more to feel full and sometimes a little more. the stomach will expand to be able to keep up and as said over time the stomach expands and it takes more to fill. sadly its not just the quantity but the lack of self control.
    i could be wrong. alot of it is learning to get a normal sized (if that exists anymore) normal portioned meal and eat that with a large glass of water. eventually the stomach shrinks as the person retrains themselves and their body that less is more filling.

one of my old highschool papers was on some dieting techniques....and i have battled with my weight for years, yet i also come from a "big" family it runs in our genes. and the ever present excercise...i'll stop before i get preachy
    Last edited by Midnight12; 07-12-2009, 04:10 AM. Reason: wanted to add more

Comment

I think this thread is better suited for Fratching.

*closes thread*
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X