This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
    When we were receiving formula vouchers we bought all our monthly cans in one trip, but we never used the Express Lane because we knew how long it took.
    The Walmarts where I live have the baby formula and tobacco locked up and you can only get them if you go through a particular checkout lane.

The checkout lane is an express lane.

I wish someone would explain the reasoning for that one. Anyone needing baby formula is likely to be doing other shopping, WIC or otherwise, and going to have more than ten items.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

When I had wic several years ago I once used the express lane but not by choice. The front end at this store told me to go the the express lane because nobody was there. I told her no thanks because I have some wic items. She said it was ok and pushed my cart to the lane. The cashier was so rude to me and told me that there is no wic at the express lane. I told him sorry and the other lady told me it was ok.

But that lady in the OPs post probably knew she was going to hold up the line with all her transactions.

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
        I love telling the customer they got the wrong breakfast cereal and that they need to get the right one. They ask me which one is the right one. I tell them the state provided them with a list of the right cereals. Again, they say they don't have or never received the list.
        Yeah the state never gives them a list if you believe every WIC customer. WIC gives everyone the info they need, but people NEVER pay attention. Why? Cause they're the same people that don't read signs, or listen to GK when he says "thank you for calling <insert company>" and they ask who they just called or ask for a cab.

They're all idiots! And we all have to share this world with them.......wow how depressing is that?

ETA:

BTW Zoom, to

Comment

Where is the WIC store? I don't know! Maybe it got annexed by Narnia or something. Right next to the Land of Milk and Honey.
          Or the Land of Green Ginger.

Comment

Those WIC-only stores ROCK! Every single thing in the store is on the WIC list, and the people there can add up cereal ounces faster than a calulator.

Some of them even deliver for new mothers!

I imagine even they still have to fight the ignorant customer, though, trying to get something they don't deserve.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Those WIC-only stores ROCK! Every single thing in the store is on the WIC list
              That's actually not a bad idea - 'regular' stores could tell people, "Don't like reading the pamphlet and shelf signs for the things you need? Go to the WIC store!" and hand them back their voucher.

Would save my cashiering butt a WHOLE lotta trouble and grief.
              Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I had WIC for over 5 years, could have had it longer, but I felt guilty (I qualified, but got enough money each month to survive without it, so I declined). I STILL have the lists they gave me for what I could get, found some in the shop when I was going through boxes we pulled out of storage. Oregon AND Colorado. And those were over 7 years old! I've never had a problem finding what I need, never held up a line ( I mean, its easy, get whats in the description or picture and pile it with stuff for that particular check).

I had a gal apologize a couple weeks ago at our Kroger wannabe, she had all the right items, piled with their particular check, her kids were well behaved, etc. etc. The poor girl was obviously very tired (there were twins in with these kids) and she STILL offered to let me go before her so she wouldn't hold me up. I declined and proceeded to joke with her about how spoiled she is cause now they get fresh produce and things (omg jealous, I barely eat peanut butter to this day, gag) and how she's going to love next year when the twins start kindergarten.

I've had WIC, its not hard, but they still have to put pictures of what you can get in the brochure and people STILL screw it up and scream at you as if its your fault. Never heard of a WIC store though, that sounds awesome.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Eh...I don't mind WIC too much. I know which brands work and which don't so I can get you in and out fairly quick. I've actually had customers come to my lane specifically because I get them in and out quick.

Problem now is that because of other cashiers having issues I have to call over a CSM to sign off on all WIC and CVB checks. So much for fast...
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                  X