X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Dodge!(A Dodge saga)

Part One

So, I have been sitting by while this has been going on, waiting quietly as I listened to everything going on.

You see, my mom owns a 2005 Dodge Chrysler, which is in sparkling new condition, and very nice. However, back in August, as my mom is going down the highway, the chip in the vehicle, the one that controls the speed and everything, suddenly tells the car to put the pedal to the metal . Mom veers to the shoulder, hitting the breaks as the car tries it hardest to keep going, smoke bellowing out behind it, despite moms foot not being on the pedal. She promptly shuts the car off, and it stops. Now, my mom is 5'0" 5'1", very short and sits pretty far back from the steering wheel as she can, so she's at a nice length away, and not able to put the pedal all the way down.

So mom calls dodge and they tow the truck there, and inspect it. They said that they replaced the breaks and couldn't find anything else wrong with it, so mom drives home.

This month, a few days earlier, it happens again! As she's in the far left lane(the fast lane), so she slams on the breaks, turns the car off, after nearly ramming into other people as she tries to get the car under control, and has to call the police for them to come help her, along with dodge, so dodge takes the car to the dealership to see what's up with it.

Mom gets a lift back home from a friend, and all is good right? Well, she gets a call from dodge, they didn't believe her and nearly crashed her truck while driving it into the garage.

After this, everything is quiet and we don't hear anything.

Well, that's where the fun starts, in the next part .

Ooo! I like these stories...

Comment

Wow, that's scary!

I remember years ago, my mum was taking me back to school one evening (I boarded, and after a holiday we went back on the Sunday evening) The car was a Triumph 2000, and as we were coming into Norwich the accelerator stuck......Mum had to do the same thing, turn the ignition off and we just rolled to a halt. It never did it again, to my knowledge, but it wasn't very long afterwards that the car was traded in.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

mom had it happen with a van back in the 90s I think.

She had it diagnosed and it turned out the cruise control kept engaging even when she didn't have it on. So they disabled it and the van was fine ever since.

Comment

That sounds like one of the pranks from Don't Even Reply...Just crazy! Glad the Dodge folks finally believed her before anyone got hurt. Just make sure they didn't soil the driver's seat!

Comment

Aw, don't leave us hanging!
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              She had it diagnosed and it turned out the cruise control kept engaging even when she didn't have it on. So they disabled it and the van was fine ever since.
              I've never known anyone who's had this happen to them, but I've always thought that it was likely to be the cruise control at fault in such cases and I've never understood why that almost never gets checked when you read news reports about these issues.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

None of ours have put us in life threatening situations. Our 1994 Dodge Caravan somehow had a short because the air conditioning and back windshield wiper were crossed. Neither of them ever worked, and it was miserable in a High Desert summer.

It also had a paint problem where the primer and paint were of two different types, so it always had it peeling.

The 1991 Dodge Shadow? Still runs like a champ. Its paint is fading, hood ornament is MIA, and its ceiling fabric is scratched up, but car runs just fine.

Also, what model is the truck? Dodge and Chrysler are two different parts of the same company.

Sorry, just trying to help.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I've never known anyone who's had this happen to them, but I've always thought that it was likely to be the cruise control at fault in such cases and I've never understood why that almost never gets checked when you read news reports about these issues.

^-.-^
                  mom was just lucky that it happened when she started the van - it was still in park.

i remember some of it, remember it racing. i just don't really remember how she got it to stop. although i was older by then, in my early 20s or so.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    mom had it happen with a van back in the 90s I think.

I know Ford had a problem with cruise control. They'd have power even with the vehicle turned off. They'd overheat even when not in use and cause fires.

I'm curious as to what make and model it is too, Krysalis.
                    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for taking so long for the next part!

Part Duex

So it's at least ten-twelve days later, and we've still heard nothing from the dealership. Mom calls them up, and albeit a bit sucky, she was nice .

She finds out they sent her a letter A letter?!, detailing the issues of the truck. Mom comes unhinged, and has to go find the mail keys. When she comes back, the letter doesn't say anything about the issues, just the fact that it will take even longer for her to get her truck back . If I may mention now, WE HAVE NO OTHER CAR! The truck is our ONLY means of transportation, and mom has school on the twenty-fourth coming up soon! So we need that truck back NOW!

So mom will do what she has to, in the next part!

Comment

Any story about a Dodge should be titled

Get The Dodge Out Of Hell

except they already used that title in an episode of Married: With Children.
                        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

It's a 2005 four door dodge ram btw, I'm not good with cars >>.

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
                            Any story about a Dodge should be titled

Get The Dodge Out Of Hell

except they already used that title in an episode of Married: With Children.

2005 was during the dark days when Chrysler was being screwed over by Daimler.
                            I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

My mother's '86 Chevy Celebrity had this happen. She was in the driveway (a very narrow strip between two brick houses) and as soon as she put it in drive, it took off. She steered it into the wall of the house to stop it from flying out into the street, and then had the presence of mind to shift into N, and shut it off. I went to look at it, and the gas pedal was stuck all the way down to the floor.

Turned out that the floor mat had slid forward and gotten jammed in the pedal linkage; I couldn't even lift the pedal until I yanked the mat out. We threw out that mat and fixed the fender, and it never happened again.

(I understand Toyota had a recall for this same problem a few years ago.)

Comment

Working...
                              X