This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just pay for your treats!

Last weekend there was the "European food days" near where i live.

This is generally great, because you can find all kinds of treats, the people working there are all so smiley and nice and cheerful, and people don't seem to mind paying somewhat high prices for things they can't always get a hold of, so generally there is a good mood in the air.

My mother and I were in line at a Spanish stand to get some churros, but they had all sorts of things, including pancakes and waffles.
    In front of us was a woman with two kids, she seemed nice enough, she ordered a pancake and a cup of churros (You got seven of them in a paper cup) and all was well. At least until she had to pay

CW=Cheap Woman
    NSL=Nice Spanish Lady

NSL: Okay, and that will be 50 kroner, ma'am
    (In my earlier thread i mentioned that 50 kroner is ca 10 dollars or 5 pounds)
    CW: Whaaaaaat? 50?!? That's waaaaay to much!
    NSL: Ma'am, the prices are written right behind me on that poster...
    CW: You're just making that up!
    (Said poster was fully visible behind Nice Spanish Lady)
    CW: I'm not paying that! It's to expeeeensive (It's odd how many people have a problem paying 50 kroner...)
    NSL: Well, that's what it costs ma'am (Feel like i should mention that Norway is a quite informal land, so it's not that common to refer to someone as Sir or Ma'am)
    CW: Ugh! this is a robbery, i shouldn't have to pay this much for a stupid pancake and a pastry
    She did eventually pay, and when her pancake arrived the reason for the price was obvious, that was one of the biggest pancakes i have ever seen
    I also got my Churros (Which were delicious)

Mm I could go for a churro. Seven in a cup? Were they full sized? If that's the case, then dang that's a lot of churros!

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
      Mm I could go for a churro. Seven in a cup? Were they full sized? If that's the case, then dang that's a lot of churros!
      Not sure, I'd never had churros before
      They weren't huge, but they were fairly big, there was definitely enough
      And soooo delicious

Comment

Working...
      X