X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I just about pancaked you...

...you larking idiot.

This dumbass gives all cyclists a bad name. As far as I was aware, when you are cycling on a road, you are effectively a car when it comes to road rules.

The most important one being... red light means STOP.

So, this guy decides because he is on a bike, he can ignore any road rules that are inconvenient to him. He runs a red light, while I have a green light, and I nearly flatten him.

He then yells and glares at me as if it is MY fault that he nearly got himself killed by ignoring the red light and speeding ahead of a giant van full of dogs that has a GREEN LIGHT TO GO.

Ugh.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Cyclist: "Share the road!"
    Driver: "Obey the traffic laws, you fucking idiot!"

Especially since, in this scenario, the driver has the right of way, and the right of weigh.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

if he wants "pedestrian" rights he needs to get off the bike and walk. but even then crossing against the light can be a jaywalking ticket.

Comment

In some cases, a person on a bike does not, by law, have to actually stop for the red light. In my area, for instance.

The caveat, of course, is that traffic with a green light does have right of way and the person on the bicycle does have to yield. It's amazing how often they overlook the inconvenient parts of the law.

Not to mention the inconvenient facts of basic Newtonian physics. What happens when the VECTOR of my car applies itself to the vector of you and your bike? Let's find out!

Idiots.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
          Not to mention the inconvenient facts of basic Newtonian physics. What happens when the VECTOR of my car applies itself to the vector of you and your bike? Let's find out!
          Or, in it's short form, the Universal Law of Gross Tonnage. In a collision (which we hope never happens), I'm bigger, I win. Not that I'm trying to take you out, but if you're on/in a smaller vehicle, be aware of what the bigger ones are doing at all times.

Hell, be aware of what ALL the other vehicles are doing...
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            The caveat, of course, is that traffic with a green light does have right of way and the person on the bicycle does have to yield.

Idiots.
            It's amazing how many people don't understand the meaning of a white equilateral triangle, one point down, with a red border. It means YIELD - and if they don't, their side impact beams will.

I like the visual impact of your description of relative vehicle sizes. However, I don't think CS has a font suitable for the Peterbilt of Natural Selection (would involve complaints from people with small screens).
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              ... (would involve complaints from people with small screens).
              [WIMG]Peterbilt of Natural Selection[/WIMG]
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Code:
                V   V EEE  CC  TTTTT  OO  RRR
                V   V E   C  C   T   O  O R  R
                V   V EE  C      T   O  O RRR
                 V V  E   C  C   T   O  O R  R
                  V   EEE  CC    T    OO  R  R

VECTOR

vector

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  Or, in it's short form, the Universal Law of Gross Tonnage.
                  Aka the Law of Mass.

Aka the Right of Weigh.

Aka "Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch on the road!"
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Peterbilt of Natural Selection
                    I am SO stealing this!
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Go ahead (the term - not the truck itself). Surprised it took you this long to notice it - I've been using the term around here for at least a year.

BTW, you wouldn't believe how many Darwin Awards will fit in a 53 foot dry van.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Go ahead (the term - not the truck itself). Surprised it took you this long to notice it - I've been using the term around here for at least a year.
                        Me, too, really. A line like that is too good to not use.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Yeah, yeah I'm afraid I would... I may not work in the trucking industry, but because of my company's products, I am quite familiar with it...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Once you scrape them off the bumper/tires.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Today, a biker wanted to cross on a red light when I had a green turn arrow. She got off her bike, and started to walk along the crosswalk.

Because I could SEE HER IN TIME (due to not going a break neck speeds through a red light) I slowed, stopped, let her go, then took my turn.

See? That's how it's SUPPOSED TO WORK.
                            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I drive a moped here and there and technically it's a motor-assisted bicycle. I wonder if those dingle-berries would try the same shit...

In places where I have to go into the shoulder to drive it (like bikes do) I still get into the line of cars for red lights and don't stop in the shoulder (like bikes are supposed to but don't half the time.) I'm technically a car. I don't see why they shouldn't be technically a car too if they're on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X