This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost crashed into my new car

So I'm on this busy major commercial arterial in town. I'm in a right-turn lane with a green light, and I'm stopped as some pedestrians cross so I can make my turn. They finish crossing, I start to move....and the semi in the lane next to me gives a big long loud honk!

This causes me to hesitate just long enough to witness a woman from the oncoming left-turn lane come flying around, cutting off both me, the semi, and presumably a third person (two lanes of travel each direction plus turn lanes; during this time of day both lanes are usually pretty full of traffic).

If that semi hadn't honked, I probably wouldn't have seen her and she would have slammed right into my front driver-side!

I just had to replace my first car last April when it was totaled. I don't need someone wrecking my second vehicle.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Thank goodness for the alert semi driver with the presence of mind to warn you! I'm glad you were able to avoid an accident.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Thank goodness for the alert semi driver with the presence of mind to warn you! I'm glad you were able to avoid an accident.
      I don't think he was warning me, I think he was merely angrily honking at the woman cutting both of us off (he came as close to taking her out as she came to taking me out). But it did serve to warn me, so I'm thankful for that.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
      X