This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello?! Snow!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting tired of snow. I can't believe I ever thought it wonderful. Well, my area got hit with an ice block. I read the forecast, and when I saw we were about to get lots of snow, I told my manager.
    Manager's response? "I don't feel well so you better come to work!"
    Sigh. So I decided to try. I did a quick prayer that I would get there in one piece. The route to my work is filled with twists and turns, hills and bumps. The snow plows were just beginning to plow so most of the area was under a lot of snow & ice.
    I did my first turn, slowly, and my car started fishtailing out of control. I grabbed the wheel and eventually regained control, but not before almost plowing into the sidewalk. Then I very slowly began to go down the streets. It was mostly empty, except for the plows and a car or two. Good. Less traffic means less idiots.
    There's this huge intersection where FOUR major road cross. It normally is a mess when it's dry, so this ought to be interesting. As I pulled into my right lane, very slowly, this SUV behind me starts honking his head off. At first I didn't notice because I was concentrating on not hitting the cars in front, but he kept doing it! Soon I as like, WTF! Don't you see everyone's going slow because of the weather?! The light switched from green to yellow as I crossed the light. The next nearby intersection said red so I pulled to a stop. I soon found out that if I didn't brake VERY slowly, my car would fishtail. This is a problem because I'm left footed and the brake pedals are on the right. I can control my left foot better than my right, so I ended up jerkingly pressing the pedal. Fish. Tail. Sigh. Wish they made cars for lefties. Like a LOT. :/
    The light greened, then the SUV that was behind me earlier swished past me. He was at least going 40 mph, the limit, while we were all going 20 mph. On the next intersection, he had to stopped because WE WERE ALL GOING 20 MPH, NOT 40.
    What an idiot. It seems like at that intersections idiots lie in wait, then pop out when someone passes, ready to try to bully them off the road. In the summer, this other SUV idiot was doing the same thing, beeping at me when I was going 40. I thought, as he swished past, he's going to get a red at the light because the light's 9 times out of 10 red. He got lucky and got a green though.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Ah yes, snow. Especially the first one of the season...when everyone seems to forget how to drive in bad weather. I fell your pain, HM.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

He was at least going 40 mph, the limit, while we were all going 20 mph. On the next intersection, he had to stopped because WE WERE ALL GOING 20 MPH, NOT 40.
      Ugh. I call it rule number 1 of driving: it is stupid to fight the flow. Doesn't matter if the flow is slow or fast, you roll with it. Fighting the flow will earn you either a ticket, an accident, or both.

Rule number 2: it is braindead to fight the flow when the roads are slick!
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
      X