This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May as well leave - you're not getting the tow

Stopped to eat at a fast-food place, and out front there were the remains of a 2-vehicle collision with 4 tow trucks (2 from company "A", 1 each from companies "B" and "C". Companies "A" and "B" had sent ordinary tow trucks, "C" had sent a heavy-duty model. The vehicles involved? A tow truck from company "A" and a bobtail daycab tractor.

Clearly, company "A" would be getting their vehicle towed by one of their own trucks, and the daycab would be towed by the heavy-duty tow truck, so why would company "B" be sticking around?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

it could be against company policy to tow their own truck and the two there where for the management assessing the situation

Comment

My first thought was "to laugh".
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Clearly, company "A" would be getting their vehicle towed by one of their own trucks, and the daycab would be towed by the heavy-duty tow truck, so why would company "B" be sticking around?
        It could be a situation where the Company "B" driver had a police scanner...heard the accident, and thought he'd "assist." Locally, there are several "towing companies" that do that. Unlike the Triple-A guys that are dispatched, these guys just randomly show up.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm not completely clear on the terminology but could it be that Company B got the call at first from the bobtail's company, and realized his truck couldn't handle it, so Company C had to be called in. B's sticking around for paperwork reasons at that point.

Comment

The police might have automatically called them in. Some PDs have a list/rotation that they would call for police/accident tows, and it could have been Company's 'B's next turn on the list.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
              The police might have automatically called them in. Some PDs have a list/rotation that they would call for police/accident tows, and it could have been Company's 'B's next turn on the list.
              We get that in the UK for accidents on major routes. My record is 3 trucks for one vehicle.

I made... a mess.. on a motorway. The police called recovery for all 3 vehicles so as to get the road cleared. While waiting to be talked to at the scene, I called in to my insurers- who immediately sent their own recovery without being asked, to try to prevent anyone else getting a referral fee, or having to pay anyone else's tow fees.

Since I didn't know the other 2 were going to be sent, I'd already called my own tow truck via my breakdown cover.

Comment

Working...
              X