X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Tail Lights Mean...?

Oh for pete's sake!

I go to the grocery store and park nose-to-nose with an older couple. In the hatched spaces next to each space someone had left an electric scooter (rants about scooters being left in the lot are in a different thread). Anyway, the old woman and I both got a scooter and rode them inside to do our shopping. At checkout, I switched my groceries from the scooter to a cart (as usual) and got a bagger to help me out to load my car. No problem, except that as I'm exiting the store the older couple is also leaving... with the woman still in the scooter.

Sigh

As I get into the car I see where this is going. She's going to leave the scooter just where she... No! Wait! She gets in the car and her husband gets into the scooter. Woo-hoo! He's going to drive the scooter back into the store where it belongs! My car is running and I've got it in gear to back out of the space, happy that the cart will be going back to its happy home.

But wait, the path he chooses to drive the scooter back into the store is past my car and around behind it! He drove almost the full length of his car, then the full length of mine, despite the fact that there was a huge space between the noses of our cars for him to drive the scooter through.I do the little start-stop with my car to let him know I'm going to be moving, but he waves at me and still drives right behind my car! That's when someone else decided that they wanted the scooter! So they wave the old man down, stopping him right behind my car, to get him to give them the scooter. The old man even points out that I'm waiting to back out, but everyone just waves at me in the rearview mirror and continues negotiating for the stupid scooter.

Some people are just Darwin Award winners in the waiting.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull
Working...
X