X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell?

One from the other day...

On the way home one night, I had to stop and get gasoline. So I pull into the local GetGo, shut the car off, and start dealing with the pump. As I'm sitting there, this woman in a Mazda pulls in behind me. Normally people do that if all of the pumps are in use. Were they? Hell no. The entire other side was open, along with both pumps to my right.

I'm standing there, hand on the trigger, and I see something moving in the car behind me. This woman is huffing and puffing about how I'm "taking too long." Again, are you serious?

Not only was I getting fuel, so I walked into the store, ordered a sandwich (seriously, they're freaking awesome), and as I'm standing at the counter waiting to pay, I see the Mazda suddenly reverse, pull around, and then stop right next to my car

The woman gets out, waddles around the car, and then starts glaring at me through the window. When she's done and paid, she lays rubber out of the parking lot. I could have somewhat understood if the place was busy and all of the pumps were full, but what the hell?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

You must have been on "her" pump, the one she always uses. It was a shock to her system to discover that the employees are NOT reserving it for her exclusive use 24/7. Now you've sullied it. A lesser being in her eyes (basically, anyone but her) has touched it. It's....it's dirty. ~_~
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X