Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolling Death in a Ford Focus (language warning)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Death in a Ford Focus (language warning)

You! Fucking asshat driving at 10 p.m. at night down the main (and only) freeway in town... it was so NICE to glance over and see you cruising by at 60 mph with BOTH your hands clutching your FOUL FUCKING PHONE WHILE YOU TEXTED!

Imagine my shock and horror as I watch you weave through traffic with you head bent over texting your friends what I'm sure is the inane drivel of your life. It will be SO NICE to see you in the headlines as you die in a FIREY WRECK. I only pray that you take no one with you!

STUPID FUCKING ASSHOLE!
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

oh man texting and driving should be as illegal as a DUI - horrible!

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
      oh man texting and driving should be as illegal as a DUI - horrible!
      I think there are some states that are working on that. It's definitely worse than cell phones.

Comment

I text at red lights. Curse me out all you want, but I always pay attention to the light and I never look at my phone while I'm moving.

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
          I text at red lights. Curse me out all you want, but I always pay attention to the light and I never look at my phone while I'm moving.
          Good enough for me to not rip you a new one, then.

The people like in the OP's commentary, however, that's why about half of Canada has provincial Laws that boil down to 'No using Cellphones or other handhelds in moving vehicles.'

It's sad when we have to legislate Stupidity.

Comment

It's sad when we have to legislate Stupidity.
            It's also sad when people don't read the rules.

Contentious issues, such as legislature and it's execution or lack of, is an issue for fratching.

I'm aware that this thread is about vehicle stupidity, but please restrict your comments about the stupidity of said driver, not asking for more laws.

No more please ladies and gents.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              It's also sad when people don't read the rules.
              The worst part is that all those new and fancy rules banning this and that while driving are completely and utterly redundant. Most jurisdictions already have rules in place that require that both hands be on the wheel at all times, as applicable.

They just need to add the texting, dialing, putting on makeup, shaving (!), fiddling with the radio options to the "reckless endangerment" section, and they'd be good to go.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                The worst part is that all those new and fancy rules banning this and that while driving are completely and utterly redundant.
                Ummm...I believe you missed the point of crazylegs' post about rules.

He was referring to continuing fratching type discussions regarding laws rather than driver stupidity, which was the actual point of the thread.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

My personal favorites are the people who are stuffing their faces with pastries the size of the average adult head whilst on their headset and viciously tailgating and driving like douchebags to make it to work on time.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

They just need to add the texting, dialing, putting on makeup, shaving (!), fiddling with the radio options to the "reckless endangerment" section, and they'd be good to go.
                    We once saw someone Swiffering her dashboard at a light. Mom ("Wait--Adrian Monk has a kid?!") was half expecting her to lean out the window and start scrubbing the windshield.

There was a bit in the local news a week or so ago about a guy who got pulled over...there was a bowl of cereal and milk on the passenger seat.
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It still scares the hell outta me that, somewhere out there, someone has made a little table for the passenger seat that makes it easier for the driver to use a laptop while driving.

case in point: http://www.jottodesk.net/
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        There was a bit in the local news a week or so ago about a guy who got pulled over...there was a bowl of cereal and milk on the passenger seat.
                        I remember seeing that story and laughing at it. Last time I ever ate breakfast on the go was a mroning when I was running late to field study, and it was a breakfast bar that I'd only bite at red lights.

Didn't he deny the claims that he was eating and driving? Can't remember now.

Comment

Here's the story. It doesn't look like he denied it...
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            We once saw someone Swiffering her dashboard at a light. Mom ("Wait--Adrian Monk has a kid?!") was half expecting her to lean out the window and start scrubbing the windshield.
                            I'm (especially at your mom's comment!) and at the same time. Oh my wow. Swiffering while driving. Swiffering.

I just cannot think of what was on that dashboard that it had to be cleaned right then.
                            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                            -----
                            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                              I just cannot think of what was on that dashboard that it had to be cleaned right then.
                              Spider?

Most jurisdictions already have rules in place that require that both hands be on the wheel at all times, as applicable.
                              Okay, but using both hands on the wheel actually slows my reaction time. No, seriously. I drive one handed, because my left hand is still weak from the effects of my stroke, and my right hand is plenty capable of making huge turns/course correction alone.7-ish years of driving that way will do that to you.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X