This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME TO HELP YOU!

So I'm sure we know about the "move over" law, that requires all vehicles to move over at least one lane or slow down if you can't move over when approaching a stopped emergency vehicle.

I was traveling in the rightmost lane on a three-lane highway. This particular stretch has a high, solid sound barrier, which is important to the story. As I'm coming around a curve, the barrier prevented my ability to see the shoulder, and the next thing I know, I'm slamming on the brakes to obey the aforementioned law, as a police car has pulled over a truck RIGHT ON THE CURVE THAT I CAN'T SEE AROUND.

This is also a pretty narrow shoulder, so if the cop happened to have been getting out of the car at that moment, I could have clipped his door or himself. I just turned 18 too, so it would have been off to the penitentiary I go for vehicular manslaughter.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Usually cops tend to avoid stops like that and make them dive to a safer location. Strange.

Comment

Very strange. I've actually watched cops tell people who stop in stupid places to move to safer stopping points before commencing with the rest of the stop.

I think I'd be strongly tempted to call in to the local PD to complain about that as being needlessly dangerous.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X