This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vehicle now equiped with stealh mode

Ok, who here has ever wondered when their vehicle started having stealth mode. You know, the kind that makes your vehicle invisible to everybody else? I mean sometimes I am tempted to stop, get out of my vehicle, and see if it is still visible. I've been in big vehicles when this happens also. Ok I admit one is black, but normally the trouble I have is in broad daylight, not at night time.

People will pull out in front of me, stop in front of me for no reason (at all), not see me as they are trying to pull over to the lane I am in (and no not in the blind spot either). Are people just unable to see black or red? Maybe it is JUST my vehicles? Or did the Romulans recently visit the planet, and to mess with me have put a cloaking device on that I am immune to? . Anybody else have 'invisible vehicles'? (invisible in the fact that nobody else driving seems to be able to see them).
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I live in California

<story makes itself>

Seriously though, california has a... special breed of drivers. I'm pretty sure we're the reason "defensive driving" became a standard term.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I had an international harvester scout in bright frog green[not this vehicle, just the color] that was invisible. It got painted grey[again not this one just the color] and somehow that made it visible

On the plus side, the power to weight ratio kicked ass, it was cheap as hell to insure, would blow the doors off a porsche when accelerating uphill, and people were scared of it in traffic ... when faced with a 1979 vehicle people figured that I had no compunctions about body slamming a brand new car so they never tried scaring me to let them into traffic.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Maybe you drive a black 1982 Pontiac Firebird or a 2008-2009 Ford Shelby GT500KR.

Comment

I've had two blue cars, a red car, and now a silver one.

I'm invisible no matter what I drive. I'm only visible when someone is in a huge hurry to blow past me to get to work in 10 minutes on the freeway.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            I had an international harvester scout in bright frog green[not this vehicle, just the color] that was invisible. It got painted grey[again not this one just the color] and somehow that made it visible
            ...You tooled around in a Frogstar fightercraft? Awesome!

(cookies for the reference)

On the plus side, the power to weight ratio kicked ass,
            I drive a 2000 Grand Marquis. Not quite as tough, but still tank-ish. The neighbor rang my doorbell the other day to say that he had accidentally hit my car while backing out. He has a big blue SUV, now featuring a bumper that is no longer wholly connected to the frame. I had...a smudge of blue paint on my bumper ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              ...You tooled around in a Frogstar fightercraft? Awesome!

(cookies for the reference)

I drive a 2000 Grand Marquis. Not quite as tough, but still tank-ish. The neighbor rang my doorbell the other day to say that he had accidentally hit my car while backing out. He has a big blue SUV, now featuring a bumper that is no longer wholly connected to the frame. I had...a smudge of blue paint on my bumper ^_^
              I know, isnt an old vehicle made with real metal and a solid frame wonderful? =)

I had a 74 mustang when I lived in Henrietta, and had just gotten it painted 74 cadillac light gold. The moron who had the parking spot next to me would regularly open his door into my car, leaving little dings in the paint. He finally did it once getting into his car when I was getting ready to go into the apartment, so I slammed my door open hard and fast into the side of his car and left an inch deep crease in the light barely metal door You are impolite to me, I will be impolite to you. He stopped dinging my door after that. I love good solid i-beam construction
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                I know, isnt an old vehicle made with real metal and a solid frame wonderful? =)

I had a 74 mustang when I lived in Henrietta, and had just gotten it painted 74 cadillac light gold. The moron who had the parking spot next to me would regularly open his door into my car, leaving little dings in the paint. He finally did it once getting into his car when I was getting ready to go into the apartment, so I slammed my door open hard and fast into the side of his car and left an inch deep crease in the light barely metal door You are impolite to me, I will be impolite to you. He stopped dinging my door after that. I love good solid i-beam construction
                I accidentally back into someone while driving my Chrysler Fifth Avenue. He was driving a more recent car (read: fiberglass). I bent the frame of his tire and did only minimal damage to my bumper.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I drive a 1973 Plymouth Duster...bright red, with white stripes...actually, here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	duster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2029694

People somehow can't see this car. It's as long as a Ford Explorer, taller than most passenger vehicles, and loud enough to easily be heard (mmm...Flowmaster...) driving down the road. I still get people trying to pull in front, pull into me, etc. I just don't get it.
                  Coworker: Distro of choice?
                  Me: Gentoo.
                  Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

I used to drive a '68 Fargo van, nothing got in front of that except a cop who musta been thinking, long hair+flat nose van = Drug bust... sorry dude. Dang I miss that machine sometimes.
                    It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

I drive a 99 navy blue Saturn wagon, and it seems as if my car is invisible. It's not just people going into my lane, but people turning left or right and almost hitting me, or backing out of a driveway or parking space without looking.

Comment

Exactly. I've even had people try to park in the spot my vehicle is parked in. What the heck is up with THAT? Now since I moved from a large black truck, to a small red vehicle..I am extra worried about this 'invisibility' thing. If they can't see a vehicle almost twice the size of one I am driving, the current one I am driving has NO chance.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X