This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Parenting, Roadkill Edition

We just picked up my pay and grabbed something to eat not too long ago, and on the way home, four blocks up from the last turn before we get to our street, we notice teenagers running back and forth across the street as a car eases its way past them. My girlfriend and I exchange 'WTF?' looks. Then we get to that part of the street and sure enough, one of them dashes in front of us, laughing his ass off while we slow down and shout at him to get out of the street.

I'm thinking they won't find it funny when someone gets the idea to speed up instead of brake because of these shenanigans. Especially if one of 'em ends up in the hospital because of their wonderful idea of acting like idiots.
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Teenagers are idiots. Even good parents can have stupid children. So, it may not be a parenting issue.

It probably is, but hey, some kids just have it coming.

For example: My little brother, who fails at common sense, insists that the Army's rules are stupid so he shouldn't get in trouble for breaking them.

He's still that kid. At the age of 28. With a second child on the way. The mother just turned 17.

Comment

hmm, couldn't you call in a public nuisance complaint for crap like that? it would be too funny to watch these turds crap themselves for being stupid.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Lol. I broke a bunch of teenagers from playing that game. unlike everyone else coming at them, I didn't slow down at all. They got the hell out of the way (yes, I could have stopped if they hadn't - thing is, one of them knew me, and told the others I wouldnt cause he really believed it. State we were in, I would not be at fault for kids JUMPING in front of my car suddenly.)

Comment

Called the cops a couple weeks ago on some kids doing the same thing.

While Charles Darwin was a genius, I don't want that proven on the grille of my van.

It used to be that "too stupid to get out of traffic" was an insult.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            hmm, couldn't you call in a public nuisance complaint for crap like that? it would be too funny to watch these turds crap themselves for being stupid.
            ...fuck. And I had my phone with me at the time. It would've been an even bigger bonus if the first cop to arrive at the scene was an assholish rookie. Damn damn damn.
            My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I have actually tapped the accelerator when I've seen kids doing stuff like this. Not where I'd actually hit them, but enough to scare the heck out of them.

Comment

I don't know how they can do something so dumb. I really hate this kind of thing ...especially when a friend of my daughter's who was only 18 was killed by being hit by a car....and he was NOT being dumb and pulling stunts like that. He was just walking along the side of the road....no sidewalks in the area btw.

Do they realize how easily their life can be snuffed out?
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                  Do they realize how easily their life can be snuffed out?
                  Nope, not until one of them is snuffed out and even then it rarely sinks in. While there are many well aware teenagers out there, many more still think they are invincible, until life (and death) proves otherwise.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                    Nope, not until one of them is snuffed out and even then it rarely sinks in. While there are many well aware teenagers out there, many more still think they are invincible, until life (and death) proves otherwise.
                    Let them. My son will be there on "the other side" ready to beat the crap out of them. (Do angels have crap to be beaten out?)
                    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      While Charles Darwin was a genius, I don't want that proven on the grille of my van.
                      Oh my god, I read that and almost choked on my pretzel.
                      ......../\
                      ....../__\
                      ..../\...../\
                      ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                      X