This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honker Mc-Honkerson

I was making a few stops yesterday and was pulling-out of a shopping lot onto the main road to turn right. There was a stop sign, so even though the road was clear and I was turning right, I stopped.

"Beep-beep-beep Beep-beep!"

This middle-aged guy in a blue car behind me is laying on his horn and mouthing something while making hand-motions to go. During his tirade de-horn I had already begun to make my turn. He ends-up behind me (He didn't bother to stop for the sign) on the main road as I make another right-hand turn. It was a red light, so of course, I stopped before making my turn after making sure all was clear.

"Beeeeeep-beeeeep-beep Beeeeeeep-beeeeep!"

Yup, blue car dude again. He turned directly behind me, clinging to my bumper like a malnourished tick. I then reached a stop sign where I was making a left-hand turn. It was clear to turn right, but traffic was coming from the left, so I had to sit through several cars.

"BEEEEEEPPPPPP-BEEEEEEEEP-BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP-BEEEEEEEP!!!!"

Now he was gesturing wildly for me to go and shouting something; I could see he wanted to make a right-hand turn. And no, there wasn't room on the road for me to pull closer to the yellow line and let him go to my right. So he was forced to waste 15-precious seconds of life waiting for traffic to clear so I could turn. He proceeded to ignore that stop-sign too and peeled-out like he was racing for his life.

Where's karma when you need it, ehe?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

You know, I don't know what it is, but my car tends to stall out when that happens to me.

Takes a couple goes to get it started back again, too.

Never really understood why that is.

Comment

I just hope that fool got where he was going before he hit another car. Dumbass.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So this asshole was blowing every stop sign on the way? Does he want to die or something?
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Better yet, where are the cops when you need them? SURELY they'd have something to say to that asshole about him blowing stop signs. Also, some people should have the horns disabled on all vehicles they drive, for obvious and annoying reasons!!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            You know, I don't know what it is, but my car tends to stall out when that happens to me.

*snicker* Funny how that works.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

I miss my stick shift...

Comment

For some reason, people in my area seem to think that if they stop behind someone at a stop sign, and that person goes, that that initial stop counted as THEIR stop at the stop sign. They just go, they don't pull-up to the stop sign and make their stop. It get's confusing, especially at a 3-4-way when it's your turn, but you have to yield to a piggy-backer.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

People do that here all the time. And they act so freaking innocent and coy about it, too.....like "I stopped, I really did!", or a select few have the proverbial cattbutt face "I don't HAVE to stop, the person in front of me stopped for me!"

I hate when people do that. And because you don't always know when someone is going to piggyback (you or someone else at the same intersection), it always comes as a nasty surprise when there's nearly an accident.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    People do that here all the time. And they act so freaking innocent and coy about it, too.....like "I stopped, I really did!", or a select few have the proverbial cattbutt face "I don't HAVE to stop, the person in front of me stopped for me!"
                    That is almost as bad as people who think that if they wait at a stop sign for a x seconds that they can just pull out full speed no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                    X