This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaywalkers are idiots!

I had to slam on my breaks to avoid hitting this beyond oblivious bitch who was jaywalking in the middle of the street this morning while she was reading a book. I honked at her to make sure she was aware of how close her stupidity got her to being killed/injured and she yells at me for "startling" her.

You stupid bitch. What about the minor heart attack your idiocy gave me? You're lucky one of us was paying attention. The next driver to stupidly walk in front of just may be distracted for that vital second and, assuming your dumbass survives, I'm willing to but you'd be found at fault.

Just three days ago I saw another moron nearly get hit when he decides to dart through traffic. Another time my boyfriend and I were driving to a friend's house when he had to slam on his breaks to keep from hitting a couple that decided to play human Frogger. They gave him the finger, because it was clearly his fault for driving on a road at the posted speed limit.

In all these instances a cross walk was no more than 50 feet from where they jaywalked.

I swear, idiots like this should be forced to watch the 1977 Tom Pryce crash in slow motion HD over and over again until it gets into their thick skulls that they shouldn't fuck around with 4,000 pounds of metal traveling at 40-50 mph!

Yeah I hate them as well. People think that because pedestrians have 'rite of way' at crosswalks, that that applies to all areas of the road.
    However, I can be a douche t crosswalks. I'll just start crossing the road. I'll make sure the cars coming towards me have enough room to stop, and I cross.
    Way I see it, it's a win-win for me. Either I get across safely, or I end up with some time off work and a nice cheque in my wallet.

Comment

Quoth TowelKing View Post
      Way I see it, it's a win-win for me. Either I get across safely, or I end up with some time off work and a nice cheque in my wallet.
      Or your next of kin gets to enjoy that check.

It does seem a bit risky, pitting a soft, squishy human against several thousand pounds of metal, IMHO.

Comment

Quoth Crescent Cat View Post
        Jaywalkers are idiots!
        I resent that remark! I'll have you know that Jay Wingers are quite intelligent--

--wait, jaywalkers?

Never mind, then. Objection withdrawn. Thank you, drive through.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Try living in NOLA. Everyone and their dog thinks that everywhere is "Bourbon Street after dark" (there are really no lights after dark on Bourbon and people walk where they want to walk. The police will even stop people from driving down certain streets to allow this). I've never seen so many idiots that just walk right out in front of cars figuring they won't get hit. I'm honestly surprised there aren't more accidents.

I simply refuse to cross without a proper light and/or crosswalk and looking both ways before I do. I was hit by a car while j-walking in 2004 that resulted in me being unconscious in the hospital for a week, in the hospital for a month and a half, unable to walk for a year plus physiotherapy, with my sense of taste and smell permanently messed up and unable to remember most of my childhood for 6 years.

I do NOT want to go through that again, and I don't care what funny looks those morons give me when I wait for the proper light.

Comment

A lot of people are more concerned about "pedestrian has the right of way" than their own personal safety. Would you rather be right, or hit by a car, running out in the middle of a busy 4 lane main road at noon?

Or people who wear dark clothes who come from any and all directions walking/running around at night. A nice walk at night is relaxing, but seriously, don't play human Frogger at 10:30 at night while wearing all black.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Jaywalking is a problem in many of the more "interesting" Pittsburgh neighborhoods. These people, really don't care if they get hit.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Or people who wear dark clothes who come from any and all directions walking/running around at night. A nice walk at night is relaxing, but seriously, don't play human Frogger at 10:30 at night while wearing all black.
                Had an accident around where I live like that, but the person was killed when they were hit. Driver was found NOT at fault due to the sheer stupidity of the jaywalker (they basically said the jaywalker was at fault).

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  A lot of people are more concerned about "pedestrian has the right of way" than their own personal safety. Would you rather be right, or hit by a car, running out in the middle of a busy 4 lane main road at noon? .
                  "Here lies the body of William Jay
                  Who died maintaining his right of way
                  He was right, dead right, as he sped along
                  But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong."

epitaph quoted from the Boston Transcript by Dale Carnegie

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Jaywalking is a problem in many of the more "interesting" Pittsburgh neighborhoods. These people, really don't care if they get hit.
                    They must have cousins who live down here where I"m at. We've got a bunch of morons that will deliberately walk out in front of you and dare you to hit them.

Even worse: not only will they dare you to hit them, they will threaten to sue and half the city wants to side with the jaywalker.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I had that problem with a group of 15 year old girls who thought it was funny to run in front of my car while I was going 35 mph, they were against the light, and it was near midnight.
                      Luckily the incident was in front of a packed bowling alley, so I had a dozen witnesses who left reports that I did my best to miss the girls. Missed 3, one of them got clipped and had every tooth in her mouth broken out, poor thing.
                      Although her parents trying to sue me was pretty low class, but the judge tossed that out of court fast.

Comment

There is an intersecting in Everett near the courthouse that have signs that say do not cross here. So what do I have but two women crossing and mad because I honked at them. It is like this because it is a steep hill just up from a major intersection used by semi trucks.
                        "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          I think they might have cousins in California as well, since it's a problem in certain areas.

Comment

Quoth TowelKing View Post
                            However, I can be a douche t crosswalks. I'll just start crossing the road. I'll make sure the cars coming towards me have enough room to stop, and I cross.
                            You might want to rethink this. I watched a woman get hit in a clearly-marked, heavily-traveled crosswalk in front of my building. I was not surprised; approximately every third time I approach that crosswalk I watch some entitled driver sail right through it without even slowing down.

And no, the woman did not survive.

Comment

Working...
                            X