X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights! Lights would be good here

Pretty much what the title says.

I'm not talking about driving in the early evening where many people just don't understand how headlights will help more. I'm not even talking late dusk.... I'm taking, it's fucking dark outside.

It was sometime after 7 pm, full dark had arrived and my bf and I were driving back from the restaurant (Veteran's day dinner!), each in a different car. (He'd come to join me after I got out of work).

I don't know who this moron was... I was just determined to keep it ahead of me with at least one car between us... because the driver apparently didn't believe in using ANY headlights. Yep... full dark, driving down the road with absolutely no headlights on.

I can see that happening if you leave a really brightly lit parking lot...hell, I've accidentally done it on occasion. But usually, people notice pretty quickly once they get away from the lights. At least, they should.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

There's also the opposite. Driving down a well lit road at dusk with High-beams on!

Comment

O yeah I can see not realizing your lights aren't on in a parking lot and then turning them on when you hit the roads. Hell I've done that myself and was thankful my auto-headlights turned on.

I guess I forgot to mention where this sighting took place... I mentioned the time right enough but not the location... It was on a highway at speeds of over 70MPH. A highway that doesn't have street lights except at the exits. Seriously I think the only reason the driver could even see the road was because there were other cars ahead of him/her.

And this was also why I wanted a buffer of at least 1 car between Moron McMoron and myself... because I could see the other cars' tail lights better.

Oh and this went on for eh... I'd say maybe a good 10 miles if not more.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 11-15-2011, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Illegal and unbelieveably dangerous. Maybe he turned them on and they were both out and he couldn't tell? Other than that benefit of the doubt, I've got nothin'.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I see that quite a bit and I dont' get it either.

Comment

If his headlights weren't working, his tail lights probably still would.

Comment

Sometime last week (or maybe the week before), I was driving home from the small-town store. It was already getting dark, and kinda rainy, and a silver car passed me with no lights on whatsoever.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sounds like my story from last week, only taken to an extreme. reminds me of the time I overtook someone who I swore had no lights on, only to finally see as I passed that they were on - but every. single. bulb. on the back of that car save a single number plate lamp had blown. So they could see where they were going just fine, but no way you could see them...
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    If his headlights weren't working, his tail lights probably still would.
                    They weren't. Otherwise I'd have noticed that. Actually that's what got my attention in the first place... that I could only see his tail lights because of the headlights of the car behind him.

oy.

Comment

I admit I did that once. My parents had just driven me to Ottawa for a coop workterm, and I left to run a few errands. We'd been on the road all day (8-10hour drive), so I was a bit brain dead admittedly, and I didn't realize until about 5-8 blocks that I was driving without my lights on. (day time runners were on but not the actual headlights). Man this was nearly 15 years ago now....

Comment

I remember one time when I was driving on the highway during a torrential downpour (it wasn't night, but it might as well have been) - I spotted a car coming in the opposite lane, silver-grey and damn-farking-near INVISIBLE until he was maybe 5 car lengths away (at 65mph) due to the fact that he had no lights on at all...Had we not been separated by at least one lane, I might easily have hit him if I had chosen to try and pass anyone ahead of me x.x
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've seen that kind of thing once or twice. Always pissed me off too. I mean, it's great that they're a cyborg sent back in time to kill/protect John Connor and can see in the dark, but us meatbags can't.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            I remember one time when I was driving on the highway during a torrential downpour (it wasn't night, but it might as well have been) - I spotted a car coming in the opposite lane, silver-grey and damn-farking-near INVISIBLE until he was maybe 5 car lengths away (at 65mph) due to the fact that he had no lights on at all...Had we not been separated by at least one lane, I might easily have hit him if I had chosen to try and pass anyone ahead of me x.x
                            I can believe that.... one of my former coworkers DID hit someone because he hadn't turned any of his truck's lights on before pulling out onto the highway at 2AM. Her car was *totaled* and he, his boss, and his insurance company tried to intimidate her to get out of paying for the damages and even suggested that she should pay for HIS damages instead.... despite the fact that he was the one at fault.

Comment

Pepper -- Who are the He and the She? It's a tad unclear as written. He = no lights, She = CW?
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X