Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bus driver didn't know about the cameras!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus driver didn't know about the cameras!

This happened at work. In fact, it involved customers. But I didn't see it. Other MOD did. It's more of a Roadkill story, and you'll see why.

So, ACW checked in the SC in this case. We shall call him SBD, for Sucky Bus Driver. SBD is delivering a shiny new bus to our local transit authority. He gave ACW a hard time because we don't have any large truck parking and he didn't want to park on the street. ACW called Other MOD, who said SBD could go ahead and take up spots on the property since we weren't busy and weren't going to fill up.

A while later, Other MOD is coming back from dinner or whatever, and she's behind SBD. Our parking lot extends all the way around the building, and semis have made it, but it can be a bit of a tight squeeze. Other MOD backed up in case SBD wanted to back up, but he pressed forward, inching around the building...

...and hitting a guest's car. And then he just drove off!

Ah, but karma (carma?) will come back around, fear not!

Other MOD called the local transit authority. And guess what? The new buses have cameras all around the bus! And apparently SBD didn't realize the bus had cameras! Or at least, not that many. (Apparently, most of their driver's don't know about the cameras, or at least aren't aware of the precise locations of the cameras.)

The video shows SBD hitting our guest's car not one, not twice, but three times! The first time, he stopped, opened the doors, looked, and then continued to do his gazillion-point turn-around at that corner, hitting the car two more times. He pushed it a good two feet.

So yeah, he's going to be cited big time for that. The video evidence alone is enough, not to mention Other MOD's testimony.

It does suck for the guest whose car got hit, though. At least there's plenty of evidence for the insurance, though!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

That guy is so fired.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

He certainly should be.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm tickled that you guys called the transit office. Whatta tool.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I would say fired may be the least of his concerns considering they have video evidence - and witnesses - of him leaving the scene of an accident.

Comment

Phew, who knows what that guy's gotten away with, and what he would have, without your friend and the cameras!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
            X