X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz Time

Picture this scenario:

You are driving on a split road, two lanes in either direction. This road serves as a "strip" of sorts, boasting restaurants, shopping malls, hotels, that sort of fare (helps that this particular strip is close to I-90). As such, this road can be quite busy.

You are the driver in a blue Lexus SUV. You are riding in the left lane. You have already displayed several times to everyone else around you that if you turn the wheel, the car can move, and have been unable to truly commit to a lane. The car in front of you, a good 3 car lengths away, has come to a stop and is waiting to turn left into a parking lot for a pizza joint. Do you:

a) Come to a stop and wait for the car in front of you to turn,
    b) Come to a stop, wait for traffic on your right to clear so that you may change lanes, using your indicator, and go around the waiting car,
    c) do neither but instead blindly barrel into the right lane without looking, sans signal, causing the car that was there to start honking at you because you are about to turn them into a sidecar,
    d) C + ignore the honking, forcing the other car up onto the curb to get out of your way and continue down the road straddling both lanes, until you realize that you are in the left lane again and need to turn right, once again cutting off traffic sans signal.

If you chose D....I'm sending you my laundry bill.

Though I'm no driver myself, wouldn't A be the most sensible thing to do? Maybe a little slow, but certainly careful.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      Though I'm no driver myself, wouldn't A be the most sensible thing to do? Maybe a little slow, but certainly careful.
      Well, yes, but who says sucky drivers are sensible?
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I'd choose "E" - plow into the semi belonging to a company that believes it's better to "take some paint" than to risk a worse accident by swerving out of the way.

Sometimes it seems that Lexus must throw in a deed to the highway with every car they sell.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Sometimes it seems that Lexus must throw in a deed to the highway with every car they sell.
          Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes too. They all think that they own the road, simply because they can afford an expensive car. Plus, they just have to show off with it...as if they're compensating for an empty life, or perhaps...something else. Many owners, are simply oblivious to other people on the roads. Maybe it's all the expensive gadgets in those cars doing all the "hard work" for them, or maybe it's because they're simply idiots. Whatever it is, many expensive car owners seem to be snotty.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Now now, I've upgraded from a Merc to a Lexus & I'm always well behaved... Mind you, I got them both for beater money! Newer ones? I'll unfortunately have to agree.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
            X