This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit

Last night, I turned onto the highway to get started on my journey to work.

Somewhere along the slower parts where there's still stoplights, I got stuck behind Grandpa Joe and his hat, toodling at 30 in a 45. But, because it's technically still rush hourish when I leave for work, I don't dare go in the other lane to pass him, because traffic is unpredictable and I don't want to get stuck going on the other highway to work, as it would take a lot longer.

So, I stay behind him, as he continues his way below the speed limit toodle, causing a mass of vehicles behind me, and as we get near the freeway ramp, we are still going maybe 35.

Great. We are about to merge at 35 miles per hour in a 65. With semi trucks and everyone else coming at us from behind.

Thank God for clean underwear.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Geez, I will never understand why some people think going slow on onramps is a smart idea. I always freak out and shout "what are you doing?!?! GO!!". Too bad they can't hear me.

Comment

My father used to stop in the acceleration lane.

Talk about wanting to have a heart attack.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        I got stuck behind Grandpa Joe and his hat
        was it a spiffy hat at least?
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Couldn't tell, really. It looked like a regular old man hat.

One of the easiest ways to get my blood pressure spiking before I'm even AT work, is on the way to work, seeing a line of vehicles all slowing down or braking on the on ramp, and no real bad traffic on the freeway. Just one idiot up front deciding to be scared.

Them, and the idiots who decide to keep adjusting their speed to match you so you can't pass them, or so you can't get over, even though a few seconds ago, you were way ahead of them.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My Uncle used to stop dead just before getting on the freeway. And you just couldn't convince him that there was anything wrong with it.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
              My father used to stop in the acceleration lane.

Talk about wanting to have a heart attack.
              Actually I had to do that once. If you can't merge safely onto the highway, you're supposed to stop on the ramp. The time I had to do so involved construction pulling the highway down to one lane and a series of big-rigs running really close together. I wasn't happy, nor were the people behind me, but I'm also not putting a little Chevy S10 up against a line of Frieghtligners running way to close together.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

i had to do it once too. cos there was someone STOPPED in the acceleration lane.

nothing like having to slam my breaks first thing in the morning to get my heart going.

Comment

Working...
                X