X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you, 4 yrs old?

Not to insult 4-yr olds, but wtf??

Customer: I think you have my old number on my account.
    Me: OK, you have a new number?
    Customer: Yes. It’s 555-1254.
    Me: OK, so it’s no longer 555-8454.
    Customer: No…EW!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

I'm a little lost to the signifiance of that. Why was she going "EW"?

Comment

Quoth Moirae
      I'm a little lost to the signifiance of that. Why was she going "EW"?
      I think she was suggesting that her old phone number was yucky? Smelly? I don't really know. It was just a random noise that sounded silly for an adult to say.

Comment

lol Thanks. The heat must be cooking my brain. It's 41 degrees (over 100 degrees fehr) Celcius in here right now even though it's 17 degrees (63 degrees fehr) outside.

I need an air conditioner.

Comment

Quoth Moirae
          lol It's over 100 degrees in here right now even though it's 63 degrees outside. I need an air conditioner.
          Why is it over 100 degrees in there? What is going on here?

Comment

I'm living in a house that was built in the 50's. The ventilation isn't that great. The house is cool in the morning, but then heats up during the day and it takes all night to dissipate that heat.

Drives me nuts but there's someone living in the basement so I can't go sleep down there or I'd do it. The heat causes havoc with my computer though. I'm thinking of investing in one of those $300 water cooling systems so that my computer doesn't overheat anymore.

Of course, an air conditioner might help that lol.

I could turn off all the lights and it might be cooler but then I won't be able to see and it's too early, by my way of thinking, to go to bed. Computer is probably putting off alot of heat thats warming up the room but tv is broken right now so I'd have nothing to do and don't want to read.

Eh, it's murphys law. Well, that and me being inherently lazy and addicted to the computer.

Comment

Can you open windows and use some fans to pull the hot air out?
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

You shouldn't compare her to a four year old. Why put four year olds down like that?
                "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I don't know but maybe something happened just then that had nothing to do with the phone call yet invoked the "EW" reaction?

For all we know she could have stepped in dog poo just then or seen a bug, etc.

Sorry, just my brain attempting to make sense of the response.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Not really, it wouldn't do much. Though it's cooler today, there's mild wind and a thunderstorm brewing. It will cool off.

I had a thought about the "Ew" reaction. Now, I don't say that in real life, but I do type it online sometimes. On the net it's difficult to properly describe things since you're so limited.

She may also have been trying to be light and make you smile when she said "ew" while hoping it would be inoffensive.

Comment

Quoth Tito
                      You shouldn't compare her to a four year old. Why put four year olds down like that?
                      You're right, that was mean. Most 4 yr olds are awesome & know better than to be a butt.

Comment

I lived in a community whose zip code was linked to a more central but run-down city nearby. Whenever someone asked by phone for the zip code first and then asked to confirm the town it brought up by default, I felt the way that woman did about her old number.
                        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Working...
                        X