This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, I'm sorry you didn't stay where I told you..."

Mwah ha ha. Just because I have a moral code against actively attacking women doesn't mean I can't still get one now and then.

As I've mentioned before, here at the paper, when people come up and need me to go get something for them, I want them to STAY PUT at my desk and do not come with me anywhere in the newsroom. While I'll admit it's mostly because I just don't want them following me, it's also a practical reason because we regularly have sensitive documents sitting around on various desks and the less those are exposed, the better (and yes, we have had people who would try to peek and got summarily shot down).

Sometimes, they try to follow me regardless of my telling them to wait, and I usually stop and tell them to have a seat, or if they're really insistant on it, I will walk back to my desk and sit and tell one of the reporters to bring me what I need instead, so they have no one to follow.

Today, I'm already in a pretty foul mood (family stuff, bleh), and this woman comes in needing to turn in something for the sports department, so I need to go get her a form to fill out. I tell her to stay seated (keep in mind, she was already sitting down) and I will bring her the form. So I get up and head back to the sports department, and I very definitely become aware of a presence behind me...and sure enough, it's her. I turn and ask her again to please have a seat and I will bring her the form she needs. I start to head back and she's once again ON. MY. ASS. "Ma'am, I'm gonna need you to go back and have a seat and I'll be right with you."

"Oh, okay!"

I turn back around and start to head back...and there she is again. I can practically feel her breathing on me this time.

NOW I'm pissed. But I know how to correct this particular misbehavior.

I usually walk with my head down, out of habit from scanning the ground for cats or babies at home. And this woman was just a bit shorter than me and like I said, ON MY ASS. So I went to get the form, picked it up, and, while "reading" the form to be sure I had the right one, of course, made a turnaround-and...

Well, you can guess what happens when the top of a calcium-rich skull meets a face. To be honest, if she wouldn't have been standing half an inch off my heels, she'd have been fine. See, boys and girls, this is what happens when you tailgate...

Her: *goes down on her butt, grabbing at her head* "Ow!"
    Me: "Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you went back to my desk!" *implied "Like I told you to twice."* "Are you okay? Are you bleeding?" *blah blah blah concern*

She wasn't hurt, I didn't plow her nearly as hard as I would have liked to, but I'm sure she'll probably have a very pretty bruise for a couple of days. Then again, considering how hard her head obviously is, she'll probably be fine. Idiot.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

LOL, Mysty I love it! That was just great. She's been Mysty'd big time right there. Shame we can't do it to those who follow us to ur staffrooms.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

BRAVO! BRAVICIMO! ENCORE!

<<Throws roses and small pollyhedral dice>>
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Only one word can be used to describe that...

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
          She's been Mysty'd big time right there.
          Note to self: Being Mysty'd means head-butting someone on turning around and running headlong into them.
          Someone get Roget on the phone!
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Note to self: Being Mysty'd means head-butting someone on turning around and running headlong into them.
            Someone get Roget on the phone!
            Huh, and I always thought it meant "making fun of a bad movie with two robots". Shows how little I know.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Shows how little I know.
              No, no, no! Joel, get in here!
              "No, that's MST'd you're thinking of."
              Crow: "Yeah, get it right."
              Tom: "Gumball?"
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Mysty, my already strong girl-crush on you has now reached a higher level.

Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

<Poises fingers for typed entry of "Mysty'd" and its definition on urbandictionary.com>
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Back when I was working at OfficeMax. I was helping this one guy, and I told him I needed to go in back to search the UPC on the computer to see if we did have any in back. I told him it will be a minute or 2. He followed me back there. I told him, that he cannot be back there. He got all pissey about it, telling me that he can do whatever he wanted. Right then, the SM came back there and told him he better leave, and of course I get into trouble for it.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

babies

I meant to post on this but got distracted by the babies with the marker pen...
                      ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                      Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                      X