Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more vague can you get? (very short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually pulled the "I need a movie..." thing at my local rental place recently. The lady behind the counter actually knew what I was looking for though...

I'm starting to think she's psychic to be perfectly honest becuase the last time I went in she two movies I was looking for right up at the counter and when I walked in she said "These are the ones you want."

and they were...

Comment

That's right up there with the classic "Oh, you know... it's a little round white pill..." heard a zillion times over at clinics and pharmacies.
      Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
      TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Rubyred View Post
        The book was blue....you can't make this stuff up.
        That is the standard Bookseller joke. Walk up to a coworker who looks bored and say, I'm looking for a book...it's blue........

And no, it's not made up. I've actually heard it (my customer wanted a purple book, though).

Like Karen Walker says, "It's funny cuz it's true" and "It's funny cuz it's sad."
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I worked at the games store, which was of course filled with GAMES, I once got the following:

"I need a game."

That was it. No details, no nothing, just that. Then the customer stared at me wide eyed as if I would be magically able to deduce what kind of game he might be interested.

I may be good, but I'm not THAT good.

Comment

Yeah should add more details like this overgrown kid with his mom (he honestly looked like he was in his 20s)

"I play these kinda games all the time, I'm looking for driving games where you steal stuff."

Yet Grand Theft Auto never came to his pro gamer mind...

I'll just be over here giggling like an idiot in front of Final Fantasy XII and Tales of Phantasia for Gameboy, thanx.
            Last edited by NightAngel; 04-01-2007, 05:24 AM.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I work in B&N's movies and dvds and it is scarry how little information I need to find something. "Yeah... I saw a cd in, it had a black cover.." "Bob Seger. *run snatch grab* There ya go."

"I was watching Opera.." *grabs The Secret* "Here you go."

Young kid, maybe 13, dressed all in black. Had a red cape on. "I was..." me "Fullmetal alchemist is over in the foreign film section, three rows up from the bottom."

That one got a look of ammazement from my manager.

I think it is simple actually: we have limited titles up on endcaps and displays, and customers never buy them when they see them, they wait a month and then buy them. And though I can never find new releases, things I've reshelved for a month I got down cold! So I am able to just hand em over.

My regulars I know exactly what they want, and just hand them stuff. I found out recently that I've been creating the movie list for a film class at a local college. The prof comes in, I hand him a pile of stuff I think he'd like, he buys it without looking at it, and makes his class watch it.

I'm seriously tempted to slip something funny in just for laughs.

Ruffledbirdy

Comment

Typical Arenaboy-Customer vague conversation.

"I have a pass."
                "What kind of pass sir? I need to see it?"
                "I have a pass, that's all."
                "What kind of pass?"

Continue in this vein. I also love it when they hold the pass so that I can't see it, classic scam for me by the way.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I was this person tonight.

Went to B and N for a book, got there and promptly forgot all the information. Go up to info desk and ask for "Ok, I need a book, the guys first name is Chuck, last name starts with a P, it's called "Haunted" or "haunting" and it's by the guy who wrote Fight Club."

Needless to say she couldn't help me, just pointed me in the direction. I found him. The book was out

Comment

My favourite joke from working at the video store, making hypothetical conversations like this...
                    "Hey, I'm looking for that movie? Y'know, it has that guy in it? Y'know, the guy! With the face?! And he has the hair... and oh! He was in that other movie with that woman... Y'know the woman from that action movie. Anyway he was in that movie with her. Not the one I'm looking for, the other one. Anyway the one I want, it has that other chick in it too, I'm sure you'd know her, she's from that comedy?"

A little exaggerated but... sadly not all that much
                    Re: Quiche.
                    Pie is manly.
                    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Quoth BusyBee View Post
                      "Hey, I'm looking for that movie? Y'know, it has that guy in it? Y'know, the guy! With the face?! And he has the hair... and oh! He was in that other movie with that woman... Y'know the woman from that action movie. Anyway he was in that movie with her. Not the one I'm looking for, the other one. Anyway the one I want, it has that other chick in it too, I'm sure you'd know her, she's from that comedy?"
                      I say that ALL THE TIME. The guy... WITH THE FACE.

Comment

I don't really go rent movies all that often, but when I do my mum and I just walk around browsing the new titles. But we do work with people at the flea market that come in every weekend just to look around.
                        Typically, they don't buy something the first time they see it, but come in the next week, obviously assuming our stock is unlimited and is reordered every week. Needless to say, many are disappointed when they find out that stuff they wanted but didn't buy is gone. Sold out. Absent. MIA. Well, okay, you get it.
                        Not to mention the people that come in and want something only to be told they are thinking of a different booth in the flea market somewhere.

Customer: Oh, do you still have those plates with the little cow on them?
                        Me: Umm... we have never had those.

And other things like that.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                          Hmm...T. Let's see what it could have been if it weren't Turistas.
                          Titanic, Terminator, Telladega Nights, any movie that starts with THE!!! '
                          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

The Aristocrats?

The Aristocats?

Tommyknockers?

Does 12 Grams count?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In our store my fellow employees ask me where things are. Most of the time I can pinpoint where an exact item is. Sometimes I need a idea of what the item is for, but most of the time I can tell anyone where anything is. That comes from doing all of the planos, outdates and overstock.
                            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth coldcupofjoe View Post
                              I actually pulled the "I need a movie..." thing at my local rental place recently.
                              I pulled similar on a manager in our sister store (music). Walked into their store one day, walk right up to the manager (hey, she was free) and tell her, "I've had this song running through my head..."
                              She immediately starts humming something.
                              I nod and go, "Yes, that song. What's that?"
                              She gets a confused look on her face, "Damn, I was just trying to get the old song out of your head. I'm not sure what that song's called, but I think it's called Tom's Cabin."
                              Nope, it was Tom's Diner, by Susan Vega, I think.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                                Went to B and N for a book, got there and promptly forgot all the information. Go up to info desk and ask for "Ok, I need a book, the guys first name is Chuck, last name starts with a P, it's called "Haunted" or "haunting" and it's by the guy who wrote Fight Club."

Needless to say she couldn't help me, just pointed me in the direction. I found him. The book was out
                                Trust me when I say that you weren't "that" person. You gave enough information for the person to find what you were looking for. It would have been easy to do a title search, find the author's exact name, and then find his other works.

Comment

Working...
                                X