This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I Want An Egg!"

Today, I was serving a customer when as per usual, I checked a carton of eggs. 1 egg was broken. So I offered to get the customer a new carton of eggs. The customer replied, "No thanks, just get me one egg." I offered her a whole new carton but no, she just wanted 1 egg. So a supervisor had to go and dig around in the eggs for another carton of broken eggs just to give this woman 1 egg to replace the broken one in her box.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

behold the power of suckiness:

'look! i can get all of these peons to run a pointless errand simply because i want them to, even though a new carton makes sense. whee!'

look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Not to mention the thrill she got by making a whole queue of people wait an age for her pointless request to be fufilled. Bet that made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ironically, I'll bet she thought she was doing you guys a favour, because you only had to run and get one egg instead of a full dozen.

Killing 'em with kindness, she is...
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Anbody remember Clerks? Perhaps she's a guidance counselor.

She already had 11 PERFECT eggs, and dammit, she didn't want to have to find another whole perfect carton. She'd rather have 11 perfect eggs, and one imperfect one.
          I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

Were the remaining 11 eggs extra special gold plated....ovaliscious....hand selected?
            Tamezin

Comment

Maybe she liked that particular carton.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Would she have even noticed if you got a different carton?

*now humming: the incredible, edible egg...lalala*
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You could have gotten a whole new carton and then did the . . .

"Hey, look over there!" and switched out the cartons when she wasn't looking.

"Ohhh, looky there, we found the egg for you and already replaced it . . ."
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Myra View Post
                    Anbody remember Clerks? Perhaps she's a guidance counselor.

She already had 11 PERFECT eggs, and dammit, she didn't want to have to find another whole perfect carton. She'd rather have 11 perfect eggs, and one imperfect one.

Damn, you beat me to it . . . I was thinking the same thing.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

This is where you say "Okay! One egg, coming right up!", and produce a plastic toy easter egg.

For bonus points, you can hold it behind your back, and grunt and strain like you're trying to lay said egg.

Just getting into the Easter spirit.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        This is where you say "Okay! One egg, coming right up!", and produce a plastic toy easter egg.

For bonus points, you can hold it behind your back, and grunt and strain like you're trying to lay said egg.

Just getting into the Easter spirit.
                        Be careful when doing that . . . some customers may begin to expect that all the time.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

At least you didn't get a Milkmaid to top off your day!

An egg freak is enough for one day, isn't it? lol.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                          X