This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo I'm on holiday!

Last shift for two weeks, and a nice way to end it was with annoying customers.

I was just about to ring the last bell, now, anyone who works or even goes into a bar knows that once that bell has gone, service is OVER. Nothing else gets sold, and the customers have twenty minutes to finish their drinks. A co-worker was finishing up serving a customer, so I rang the bell. He had made a large order, as he was buying a round for his friends, a group of ten men.

SC: Actually, can you double that order?
    CW: I'm sorry?
    SC: Double the order, ring through two of each drink I've ordered.
    CW: OK, you do realise you only have twenty minutes to drink all these drinks?
    SC: Yes, that's OK, but can you not make half the order?
    CW: What?
    SC: Don't make half the order, I don't want all those drinks now. Once we've finished these drinks, I'll come back and you can make me the other half of the order.
    CW: *Looks very confused* I...don't...think...we can do that.
    SC: Of course you can! If they're paid for!
    CW: I dont know...

I could see my co-worker was going to cave, so I went over, pretending I didn't know what was going on.

Me: Hey, are you OK here?
    CW: This guy was wondering...*explains situation*
    Me: Oh no, I'm sorry, we can't do that.
    SC: Of course you can! If they're paid for then they are ours! You HAVE to give them to us!
    Me: I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that, we have finished serving.
    SC: But me and my friends only want to enjoy a couple of drinks...
    Me: I'm sorry, but we can't do that.
    SC: Can I see a supervisor?
    Me: I AM the supervisor.
    SC: Well then you can do it!
    Me: No, I'm sorry, the bell I just rang means ALL service has stopped. After this order is completed, there will be no more sales, and no more service.
    SC: But they will be paid for! They will belong to us!
    Me: Well if you pay for them now, you will get them now. But you will only have twenty minutes to get them before we have to, by law, take them off you.
    SC: But I don't want them now! I want them in ten minutes when we've finished these first drinks!
    Me: I'm sorry, but all service has finished. We have too much to do to carry on serving.

The customer gave up, and settled on only one round of drinks instead of two, and went to sit down.

And guess what? Twenty minutes later, they hadn't even finished their first drink! And they wanted to get two rounds. Idiots. If my co-worker had caved, we would have been there all night.

But at least I've got two weeks of freedom. So you want be hearing a lot from me.

She does realize that you can get drinks somewhere else besides a restaurant... Idiot!
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
      She does realize that you can get drinks somewhere else besides a restaurant... Idiot!
      Yes, but it's much more satisfying to be a whiny asshat.
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

And if it makes sense...
        I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
        "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Working...
        X