This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Try Loser

So after a few incidents our pet policy changed from allowing all dogs to only small dogs. Anybody who reserved a room before the policy change can still bring theirs but other than that nada. These people make a reservation day before yesterday and ask if we take dogs, they are informed of our policy and make the reservation.

They check in and pull their van into the back parking lot (closer to their room) and actually attempt to bring not one but three Great Danes int otheir room. They are stopped immediately and asked to leave (after being refunded their money of course)

Despite blatantly disobeying our rules, the wife decided to argue with us. She told us

A.) That she never said she was bringing a small dog. (You never said you were bringing big dogs either you dimbulb)

B) What gives us the right to ask them to leave? (Err our right to refuse service to anyone)

C) It was discrimination (Fine, call a lawyer and tell them you deliberately and willfully violated hotel policy. Watch him laugh you out of his office)
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Jeez... how do people like that manage to survive in the real world? How stupid can you get?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

3 great danes?? On vacation? WTF? I have 1 Yorkie & seriously, I wouldn't bring her on vacation unless necessary. There are just too many things to think about when traveling with pets for most ppl. I'm NOT leaving her in a hotel room by herself either.
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Obviously they were wrong, but it seems there'd be a lot of other cases where "small" dogs only would be much harder to enforce than all or none; I'd be interested in an update on how the policy works out.
        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

who takes 3 huge dogs with them on vacation!!!... oh thats right SCs!!!... sheesh.,,,im leaving for vacation this Thurs with hubby and the dog is going to my moms while we are gonna...if you cant find someone to watch you dog, either hire a kennel or stay home... i would be pissed if i was in the room next to someone with 3 huge ass loud dogs

Comment

Mind you, I'd rather be next to a large dog than a yappy little terrier type of thing. Small dogs make horribly yappy noise. Large dogs have a pleasant, deep, 'woof'. If they bark at all.

Comment

personally, i wouldn't want to stay in the room after the three horse-dogs had their vacation in it.

Comment

Being in the room next to them I don't think would be all that bad. I am not much of a dog guy, to be honest, but I have never had anything but good experiences with Great Danes. The ones I have met have tended to be calm, quiet, relaxed dogs. When you are the size of a truck, you don't need to voice your opinions very often, ya know.

But I can understand a hotel not wanted a dog that size in one of their rooms, let alone THREE dogs that size. Can you imagine the nightmares the housekeeping crew would be having if they saw those three canine condos entering a room they know they will have to clean!?!?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey
                  3 great danes?? On vacation? WTF? I have 1 Yorkie & seriously, I wouldn't bring her on vacation unless necessary. There are just too many things to think about when traveling with pets for most ppl. I'm NOT leaving her in a hotel room by herself either.
                  Some people are *weird* about their dogs. I had a friend whose mom would absolutely freak out about her dog if she was away for more than an hour. And this dog was a border collie - a sheepherding dog - a dog that was originally bred for the purpose of taking charge of *other* animals. You'd think spending a few hours on its own would actually be good for it.

A great dane, needless to say, is either able to be self-reliant or else its been spoiled bad. But then, if the SC has the audacity to claim that you *discriminated* against them... yuck.

Note to customers: People, if you're being discriminated against, believe me, you'll know. Most of us in the industry are very fair and reasonable (if annoyed and tired) people, and it is sad that because of a few rotten apples, this has to be legally enforced.
                  "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                  -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth One-Fang
                    Mind you, I'd rather be next to a large dog than a yappy little terrier type of thing. Small dogs make horribly yappy noise. Large dogs have a pleasant, deep, 'woof'. If they bark at all.
                    My Yorkshire Terrier & I resent that! She is NOT a yapper, she's a sweet girl & doesn't bark much at all. She loves everyone she meets & generally stays out of trouble. I hate you were exposed to annoying small dogs, but that doesn't mean they're ALL bad. Most Yorkies I've met have the best personality & DON'T bark much.

Of course, I love dogs of all sizes. My bro-in-law has an Australian Sheperd who is the sweetest thing!!! So let's not slam doggies...they all rock!!

Now cats...that's another story... (lol) *ducking from what the cat-people are throwing at her right now*
                    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth pbmods
                      Some people are *weird* about their dogs. I had a friend whose mom would absolutely freak out about her dog if she was away for more than an hour. And this dog was a border collie - a sheepherding dog - a dog that was originally bred for the purpose of taking charge of *other* animals. You'd think spending a few hours on its own would actually be good for it.
                      I would think that if it's deeply embedded in the dog's brain that it just HAS to herd something, being alone would harm the poor thing.

Does that make sense? I had read something in a book along those lines, but I don't have time to search my bookshelves...
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would be deeply p*ssed if i had to stay in ANY hotel room that had been previously (obviously) occupied by any dog, of any size ! Tpuch wood, so far its never happened...
                        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                        - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                          I would think that if it's deeply embedded in the dog's brain that it just HAS to herd something, being alone would harm the poor thing.

Does that make sense? I had read something in a book along those lines, but I don't have time to search my bookshelves...
                          I think it is only harmful to them because they are working dogs and thus their internal wiring makes them want to have tasks at hand all the time. Sometimes the tasks are harmless, like herding tennis balls or flies(our youngest border collie is sort of OCD about her tennis balls).

Other times, the tasks are a little more harmful. Because everyone was at work, we had a makeshift nest for the dogs in the garage. The barriers and stuff weren't permanent (they are now). My oldest border collie used to like to figure out ways to get passed the barrier. One night we out in the backyard and I noticed there was blood all over the place. He cut his leg trying to break into the big part of the garage once.

As they get older, the need to always do something diminishes a bit. My older guy is way more chilled than the youngster.

Comment

Working...
                          X