This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speachless

I've been absent for awhile, because sucky customers have been absent. We've had stupid, nice customers. We've had impatient customers- but they had real problems. Today, we got that rare mix, fake problem AND mean about it.

Characters
    CS
    ME

CS: Hello. I'm using a Dell computer, and I've just bought a newer computer, and I want to know if I'll lose my icons when I transfer:

ME: Alright, well there are two kinds of icons: the ones common to all computers, My Computer, My Documents, Recycle Bin, etc. and there are your personal data files, like the things IN My documents. If you're concerned about data loss, I'd recommend making a copy of necessary data and loading onto your new system.

CS: That's what the last guy said, and it still doesn't make any sense. Maybe you can explain to me why I will have to copy my data.

ME: Well- if you want the data on your new system, you'll need a way to transfer it...

CS: That doesn't make any sense though! It's not like the data has to MOVE anywhere!

(pause to consider what to say next)

ME: But it DOES have to move. You'll have to put that data on your new hard drive.

CS: I didn't GET a new hard drive! I GOT a new computer!

ME: Ok.... and you're installing your old hard drive?

CS: You stupid.... Listen to me. ALL I AM DOING IS ADDING A NEW *&ERing COMPUTER.

ME: I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing- what model is your new computer?

CS: one SECOND. (sounds of stomping off, cursing). It's a 3007WPF.

ME: Alright, one second.... (internally some kind of explosion goes off in my mind as I bring up the product specs). Ah, I think I see the problem sir. What you are installing is not a new COMPUTER, but a new MONITOR. No, you will not have to back up anything.

CS: Christ! I TOLD you! Stupid *#&$.

*hang up*

"Sir, I'm afraid that our warranty does not cover hauntings"

You should have taken the time to educate him on the different parts of the computer.

"The board with different letters on it is called a keyboard. The letters are on what we call keys."

Comment

Quoth Jewels View Post
      "The board with different letters on it is called a keyboard. The letters are on what we call keys."
      "Stop being technical with me!"

ack....sorry, flashback.

Stupid Things

Comment

***The tower is not the freaken modem people***

ahh that feels better, I've always wanted to slap someone for saying that, And I used to have a cowirker who did just that (calling 'em modems). Mind you, we custom built computers at the time (he didn't do any of the building or speccing of the systems).
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

But wait. I don't get it. How will all his little pictures get from the old monitor onto the new monitor?

Last edited by Boozy; 04-02-2007, 10:04 PM. Reason: typo

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
            ***The tower is not the freaken modem people***
            THIS is why I make it a point to at least KNOW the jargon or the part I'm talking about! dislike wasting my time as well as anyone else's

Comment

http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/070328.html
              http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
              Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

And he didn't need help hooking up the monitor?

I feel sorry for the computer . . .
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

The monitor is the little thingy with the buttons and the rolly ball in it, right? Wait, where does that have icons? Mine just says "Microsoft"
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have to wonder what goes on when folks do tech support for the iMacs? For those who don't know the entire computer is in the moniter. No tower. I've heard some very stupid questions asked by folks as to where the tower is whenever I'm in a Apple Store. I can just imagine the idiots who think the tower is the modem.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      The monitor is the little thingy with the buttons and the rolly ball in it, right? Wait, where does that have icons? Mine just says "Microsoft"
                      *WHAP*

There we go, back to normal. (As normal as he gets anyway.)
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I work with a number of ladies for whom computers are obviously a fairly new experience. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the monitor referred to as "the computer."
                        He loves the world...except for all the people.
                        --Men at Work

Comment

Working...
                        X