This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Child (was apparently our fault)

lady is waiting in line with her 4-ish year old son, "william." how do i know his name? she screamed it about a dozen times. manager k calls me and says to be on the look out for the boy. i literally stumble upon him.

me: are you william?
    boy: ya.
    me: i think your mom's looking for you. can you come with me?
    boy: ok.

heartwarming moment, mother and son are reunited. yeah right. she grabs him without saying a word to either of us and walks out, like we just inconvenienced her.

k told me later that the woman was complaining about there being a long line. She was the next person in it. she said that her son didn't like waiting in lines. real easy remedy for that: leave the carpet shark at home when you shop or, here's a novel idea, be a damn parent and give up some of your "me time".

i don't expect groveling, but a simple thanks would've been great.
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

so where does "carpet shark" come in exactly?
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

It's along the same lines as "ankle biter" "rug rat" "munchkin" etc.

Although munchkin is usually less derogatory.

^-.-^
      Last edited by Ree; 04-04-2007, 10:15 PM.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

B&N Goddess has very plush carpeting in her house.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

I thought it was going to be about ferrets.

Comment

I really like kids, but I will admit that in my younger days my favourite terms for them were:

STDs
            -and-
            Walking Condom Advertisements

Now I'm finding that the older I get, the cuter kids start looking.
            Last edited by Ree; 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
              she grabs him without saying a word to either of us and walks out, like we just inconvenienced her.
              It's more likely that she was really angry with the kid for wandering off. I'm not saying that is an excuse for being impolite. However, if I was to say that I had never been that mad at one of my kids I'd be lying.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                It's along the same lines as "ankle biter" "rug rat" "munchkin" etc.

Although munchkin is usually less derogatory.

^-.-^
                Partial to "Hellspawn" myself.... I like kids, I just hate the NOISE that usually comes bundled.
                Last edited by Ree; 04-04-2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Mod Message

Before this goes any further I'd like to note that in the past threads like this have been closed or at least inspired heated debate. I've seen infractions issued and probably issued infractions myself in threads of this nature.

There are many parents on this board who really don't want to hear some of the more vulgar terms some people come up with when refering to our children.

Yes, of course we can all agree that sometimes children act bratty.

Please take this thread back on topic before it's too late.

"I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

I call my children Demon Spawn.

They answer to it
                    Last edited by Ree; 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

"crumb snatchers"
                      Last edited by Ree; 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM.

Comment

WOW! It hasn't even been 10 whole minutes since my last post and 2 replies already that do EXACTLY what I said to stop doing!

GO BACK AND READ MY WARNING

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                          WOW! It hasn't even been 10 whole minutes since my last post and 2 replies already that do EXACTLY what I said to stop doing!

GO BACK AND READ MY WARNING
                          Sorry, I'm pretty sure I posted at the same time as you

Comment

me too, even thought I haven't seen anything remotely "vulgar" that has been posted. Oh by the way I have 3 kids

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                              Sorry, I'm pretty sure I posted at the same time as you
                              Looking at the times- I believe you are correct. My apologies.

Quoth po'drph View Post
                              me too, even thought I haven't seen anything remotely "vulgar" that has been posted. Oh by the way I have 3 kids
                              I also requested that the thread go back on topic. The topic is not "what names can we come up with for children," the topic, as I recall, was the Mother's behavior.

By the way- I also have three children.

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Working...
                              X