This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Ladies.

Oh, this one had me steaming. Hell, I am still steaming about it.

I manage a game store in a mall. We have an outside door which is really just a fire exit with plenty of signs on it to that effect. Tonight I heard the door open and I look up to see 2 women come in and sit down at one of our tables. They leave the door open.

Me: Awesome game store manager
    SC: 2 women who apparently are blind

Me: *goes to door and closes it* Sorry but this door is not for going through
    SC: Well, you should lock it
    Me: It is a fire exit so I cannot but there is a big sign on the door *pointing at it*
    SC: well, we did not see any sign
    Me: Now you know, please do not do it again
    SC: *Cue cat butt face as I walk away*

2 minutes later I hear the door again and look up to see and hear them as they leave.

SC: How can they expect us to read that sign, we arent in England or anything.
    Me:
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

What the ... that doesn't even begin to make sense!

Comment

Yes, apparently only in England do you have to read signs. What.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
        Yes, apparently only in England do you have to read signs. What.
        Tell that to my customers, they're just as capable of ignoring signs!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Slightly different twist to a similar situation. I was in B&N bookstore with my 7-yr old niece, and I told her we were leaving. She instantly turns and opens the fire door. The alarm sounds, I'm beet red in embarrassment and the employees are laughing. Good thing they were sports about the whole thing, but a little sad since they mentioned it happens all the time.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I worked for one restaurant down here for over five years. We had two fire exits, both very clearly marked with signs that read "EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY. ALARM WILL SOUND."

Just about every single day, it sounded for some yahoo putz who couldn't be bothered to pay attention.

Though I have to ask, how did the people in the OP come IN through that door? All the ones I've seen are exit only.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Tell that to my customers, they're just as capable of ignoring signs!
                +1

I can confirm that English SCs also don't read signs although I've yet to hear any say that they shouldn't have to read them because 'this isn't the USA.'

Comment

I've got it!

The signs were written in English. How can you read a sign in English if you aren't in England?

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                    If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.
                    Holy crap, you guys, we have Lewis Black on the forum!
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      I've got it!

The signs were written in English. How can you read a sign in English if you aren't in England?
                      That's kind of what I was thinking....

Actually, signs need to be written in "Moronspeak". Then these idiots might be able to read them and comprehend them.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Actually, signs need to be written in "Moronspeak". Then these idiots might be able to read them and comprehend them.
                        So, instead of "EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY. ALARM WILL SOUND.", make a sign that says, "U NO GO THRU HEER. DOOR MAKE BAD NOYZ."

Yikes, that made my head hurt just thinking about that...

The prophecy is coming true!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          Good thing they were sports about the whole thing, but a little sad since they mentioned it happens all the time.
                          It's one thing when you're seven. It an entirely different thing when it's an adult, and two of them at that...
                          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

For humorous effect, put up a sign reading, "trespassers will have a pie thrown at their face". Hilarity ensues.

Comment

My son used to do maintenance work at McDonald's. He was having to constantly reset the alarm when someone opened the fire exit in the play area. And it wasn't always the kids doing it. More often than not, it was the parents.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X