This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really, you're that lazy?

Last night a lady was looking for an item in one aisle. I led her two aisles down to where the item is. She was nice enough, but then she said, "Oh great, now I don't have to buy this one!" *holds up bottle* Then she sighs, and goes, "Do I have to bring this back??" Um...you can't walk over two aisles and place it back on the shelf? I should have said, "Yes, if you don't want it overturned on your head!" I mean, I could maybe understand if it was a little old lady or someone not well, but she seemed fine...just lazy, apparently. So I had to add it to the cart full of items that I was rushing to get placed back on the shelves before 11:00.

It astounds me the things people will leave. Have literally seen people pile refrigerable items right on top of the gum and candy bars with me looking right at them. People have no shame, do they?

Comment

Do you really need to ask? Yes, they are that lazy and lazier. I have people all the time walk into my store and ask where the store next door is when they are too lazy to walk the 10 ft to see it themselves.
      "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Oh, yes, she's very lazy.

I always thought that was what the older kids were for.. like our parents used us as remote controls for the TV, I use my oldest to run something back to the shelf a couple of isles over. Or my husband. If I'm alone, I'll either do it myself or give it to the cashier.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

My desk is at the back of the store. There is no cart bay. The cart bay is by the door. You can no leave without passing it. Lady came in with a tshirt to return, in a bag. Put it in a cart, pushed it to my counter, did her return, then left the cart parked in front of my desk, blocking all the people behind her because she couldn't be bothered to push it " all the way back to the front". You know. The place she was going anyway? Lazy lazy lazy. -.-

Comment

Today at the store I found a bag of fresh grapes in the frozen section, sitting on top of the hash browns. Had to be close to 2 lbs of grapes, which will now have to be tossed. Talk about stupid people!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've found bacon sitting on top of the vitamins, ice cream in cosmetics, soda sitting on TOP of the coolers getting warm (wow, that makes sense....).

Comment

My two favorites from my supermarket days:

1) the 2-liter of soda put in an ice cream freezer. It had frozen completely solid without bursting.

2) The live lobster, still in a bag, stashed in the bread aisle.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth XRogue View Post
                  It astounds me the things people will leave. Have literally seen people pile refrigerable items right on top of the gum and candy bars with me looking right at them. People have no shame, do they?
                  Happens almost on a daily basis at my store. If I see them do it, I cheerfully say "I can take that for you if you don't want it!" On occasion, when I'm on a speedy register, (actually I did this today) I will just walk around the back of the register and grab the item before I ring the customer up.
                  Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Yes, Virginia, there are people that lazy . . .

They are lazy enough to do all of the above mentioned by the previous posters AND lazy enough to leave stuff one shelf over or under where it actually goes - and that's if we're lucky.

It's nothing for me to find frozen pizza in the beer case or a pack of hamburger with the potato chips.

And can someone explain the pack of turkey breast I found in the single drink cooler at the registers last week?

I would love to visit their homes and see how they keep their groceries put away. Perhaps even leave their stuff scattered about and let them clean up that mess like they do to us. Might teach them a lesson then.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My very most favorite is when people pick up something thinking it's on sale but it's not and then they are so very nice enough to say "I'll let you put this back." Oh joy! Just what I love to do!! Even better when it's something like 12 packs of soda or a cart full of junk!!
                      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                        I've found bacon sitting on top of the vitamins, ice cream in cosmetics, soda sitting on TOP of the coolers getting warm (wow, that makes sense....).
                        Could have been worse - they could have left the bacon in the Kosher section.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        1) the 2-liter of soda put in an ice cream freezer. It had frozen completely solid without bursting.
                        Never did it with a 2-liter, but with cans I found that even if they freeze without bursting, they might burst while thawing.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        And can someone explain the pack of turkey breast I found in the single drink cooler at the registers last week?
                        To me, that seems the most logical of the "out of place" items in this thread. It's merchandise that needs to be kept refrigerated (but not frozen), they decided they didn't want it after all, and put it in the closest refrigerated case. I hope it was a pre-packaged item, rather than a deli "sliced to order" - if the latter, it would probably need to be wasted-out anyway after having been outside the custody of store staff (too easy to tamper with, unlike a sealed pre-packaged item).
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's been some time since I worked at a grocery...tho I will admit, I can't top the "live lobster" one o_O the worst I recall seeing were half-eaten packages of produce (ESPECIALLY grapes!) left in with canned goods, the occasional steak in a non-cold area, bananas in a cold area (which makes them turn black), etc. Some KINDA made sense, as they at least allowed for resaleability, like a jug of milk in the freezer or a tub of yogurt in with the cheese.

I did keep track of "weird shit coming thru the register" during one particularly busy XMAS Eve at BoutiqueGrocery, tho...More party trays and turduckhens (raw or baked or deep fried -- this was the early 90's) than I could count, a couple 5-foot-tall potted plants, and my personal WTF favorite purchase: A whole raw adult pig, complete with an apple in its mouth.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            ...A whole raw adult pig, complete with an apple in its mouth.
                            The apple was just so you wouldn't wonder what they were going to do with it. Like Fat Freddy buying the live turkey...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Judging by the condition the aisles in the little C-store I work in end up in....yes, people are that lazy. They are so lazy, in fact, that I've found things two feet or less from where they belong on the shelf. I guess, as our British friends would say, they just can't be arsed to put things away properly.
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                              X